Audio By Carbonatix
Government has concluded phase one of its YouStart stakeholder engagements.
This comes after it engaged the last batch of government institutions, regional ministers and Municipal, Metropolitan and District Chief Executives from the Eastern, Volta and Oti region in Koforidua on Wednesday, June 1, 2022.
Government is expected to begin phase two of the stakeholder engagements on Monday, June 6, 2022.
During the meetings, civil society organisations, the Ghana Chamber of Commerce, Association of Ghanaian Industries, identifiable youth groups, NABCO beneficiaries, Faith-Based Organisations, and the media will be engaged to sensitise them on the programme.
It is also a medium to get their feedback ahead of the launch by President Nana Akufo-Addo.
Speaking at the last engagement programme for some government institutions, Local Government Minister Dan Botwe said due to the potential impact of the YouStart programme on the local economy, MMDCEs needed to be sensitised about the programme ahead of its launch.

The Deputy Finance Minister, Dr John Ampontuah Kumah, stated that after engaging all the Regional Ministers and MMDCEs, government will now engage with various organisations and groups.
Representing the Finance Minister Ken Ofori-Atta at the meetings, he said they aim to drive understanding and acceptability of the programme.
“So far, we have engaged them and have tasked them to set up YouStart desks at the grassroots level ahead of the launch," the Ejisu MP said.
He added, "In the coming days, we will also engage with civil society organisations, Ghana Chamber of Commerce, Association of Ghanaian Industries, identifiable youth groups, NABCO beneficiaries, Faith-Based Organisations and the media.
"Government has over the past years worked to reduce the unemployment situation in the country through recruitment into the public sector, NABCO, 1D1F, planting for food and jobs among several others."
He said, "To reduce the unemployment numbers drastically, government has introduced YouStart, targeting one million jobs in the next three years.
"So we want to make sure everybody is involved in how the programme is planned and executed. That is why we spent time doing this engagement,” he said.
YouStart is being funded by the Electronic Transfer Levy.
Latest Stories
-
Minority exaggerating claims of suppressed free speech — Attorney-General, Dominic Ayine
4 minutes -
Dominic Ayine dismisses NPP threats, says gov’t will protect freedoms
12 minutes -
Adom TV secures right to broadcast Black Stars friendlies ahead of 2026 World Cup
19 minutes -
Trump exerts iron grip on Republican Party with Massie defeated
19 minutes -
2026 World Cup: Rak-Sakyi, Prince Amoako among Black Stars players in camp for Mexico friendly
36 minutes -
VRA, NEDCo staff reject privatisation
39 minutes -
Drone strike kills 28 at market in Sudan’s West Kordofan, rights group says
41 minutes -
From Ghana to Canada’s Frontline of Justice: Dr Akwasi Owusu-Bempah appointed to lead the fight against anti-black racism
46 minutes -
Landlord allegedly kills tenant over GH¢30 electrcity bill dispute at Medie
49 minutes -
NDPC Director-General calls for coordinated action on human capital development
1 hour -
Black Stars train in Puebla for Mexico friendly ahead of 2026 World Cup
1 hour -
Boxing: Ivan Bruce-Cudjoe, Rabbon Dodoo to contest for presidency
1 hour -
Roads Ministry commends GCB Bank, Timeline & Innovation LTD for powering Mahama’s “Big Push” agenda
1 hour -
African-led genomics partnership launches with $3.5m investment to drive precision medicine
1 hour -
Sports Fund must contribute to Ghana’s GDP – Dr Wuaku
1 hour