The role of deejays in the music and entertainment industry cannot be overstated.
Over the years, they have contributed to the life and soul of shows and events across several spheres of the industry.
One of Ghana’s notable and recognized giants in the disk jockey field, turned over the tables on Cosmopolitan Mix this Thursday with Doreen Andoh.
Playing some classic hits on Joy FM’s mid-morning show Billy Ocean in pure throwback fashion played music from the 80s and 90s.
Usually known to work from the shadows, the new segment on Doreen’s show aims at bringing into the light the input of deejays who have over the years served the industry great mixes.
Speaking to JoyNews, the DJ with over 3 decades at the turntables has no plans of quitting.
“In this industry, you don’t quit when you still have your groove on,” he said.
He hopes to stop his tables from turning only when he has identified deejays in the industry who either match up to his standards or do better.
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Organisers of demonstrations must respect the law – Gary Nimako
- Ghana is in a leadership crisis; African leaders lack consciousness – Prof Adu-Gyamfi
- NPP flagbearer race: Bawumia suspends campaign over ongoing limited registration exercise
- Sharaf Mahama celebrates 26th birthday with donation and reading session with kids
- I’m not the 3rd richest man in Ghana – Dr Kwame Addo-Kufuor
- Desist from registering JHS 1 and 2 students for BECE – Public school heads warned
- Bob Menendez steps down as US Senate foreign relations chairman after indictment
- MohBad mourners teargassed at Nigeria’s Lekki toll gate after Lagos concert
- Ethiopian Prince Alemayehu’s lock of hair returned after 140 years in UK
- US senator Bob Menendez charged with bribery after wads of cash and gold bars found at home
- GPL 2023/24: Bofoakwa Tano score late to beat RTU at home
- Sudan war: Army chief Burhan claims he’s ready for peace talks
- Livestream: Newsfile discusses #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest and OSP-Cecilia saga
- Former Bantama MP, Okyem Aboagye dead
- Mahama Ayariga condemns killing of 9 in highway ambush at Pusiga