The final workout session of Joy FM’s Cosmopolitan Mix Weight Loss Challenge came off on Saturday at the Elwak sports stadium.
The session saw participants come in their numbers to exercise and share testimonies on how much the Challenge had changed them.
It has been an easy road for many of the challengers who through this exercise not also adjust to different lifestyles to achieve the goal they wanted.
The workout session and the challenge as a whole saw the participants exercising while following the instructions of the weight-loss coaches, Clinical Biochemist, Ada Enwere and Certified Wellness Consultant, Clifford Ladzekpo.
Some participants at the final workout session at the El Wak sports stadium
Some of the participants admittedly said since the beginning of the challenge on August 1, they had not seen significant changes in their weight but they are living a much healthier lifestyle than before.
Many of the participants, said their eyes are opened to the fact that weight loss is not only a onetime thing to get the desired results but a continuous way of life that keeps the body stronger and healthier.
The challengers were presented with a cake as a reward for going through the 30 days and having the resolution to continue keeping their bodies as healthy as possible.
The weight loss challenge, however, will not end here. The Cosmopolitan Mix team would pick up the challenge again in January 2020 where it would interact with members of this years edition and how far they have come in their journey while beginning a new one.
Thanks go to Yomi yoghurt, Awak Purified Water, Labadi Beach Hotel
Read some testimonies below:
– Good morning guys. Even though I haven’t been able to join you guys on workout sessions. I try to do my workout. Thanks, @Adah for the guide I have lost some flesh of my arm and am still not giving up. Thank you @Mamavi n Joyfm for this.
– THE LONG AWAITED SIX PACKS IS HERE
I’ve always wanted to have six-packs. I usually jog three times a week and do some bicycles and push-ups. Oblivious of my dieting it was clear that I was overeating. I joined the Weight Loss Challenge and started to watch and control my portions. In addition to the various aerobics, we were introduced to on the platform I can confirm that I’m having an almost perfect six-pack. Though I joined the challenge on the sixth day I envisage to pursue it as a lifestyle. I’ve also made substantial savings over the period as I have cut down on carbonated drinks after an informing video was posted on the platform.
– I had always wanted to do this, didn’t know how who and where to start from. ðŸ˜« had CS twice so was afraid to do exercise that will give me long time effect. As heard by some people and Dr? So I said let me exercise when am done with childbirth, but I released I was putting on weight then losing, then I heard of the Joy FM weight loss challenge. ðŸ’ƒðŸ¼ðŸ’ƒðŸ¼ The first day I started I nearly gave up.,then Adah said excuses don’t burn calories. I took up the challenge so far so good. I have lost 4 .5kg now I feel light, I’m eating well and loving myself. Thank u Philip, Adah, Mamavi, Clifford and the Cosmopolitan Mix team. So grateful. Abena Asantewaa.â¤â¤
– Though I shared my story on radio at the beginning of the challenge, I will like to give a continuous progressive response here ðŸ˜„. I had an accident in March and I’ve been home for since then not active, mostly lying down and eating ðŸ¤£. I realised I was gaining weight. I had body pains, sometimes I could not sleep well, aside from my pains I just didn’t feel fit, always feeling tired, drowsy and a whole lot of other unpleasant things ðŸ˜¢. Then I heard about the challenge on radio. Because of the accident, I didn’t know how to begin so I sent a dm to Adah and she really motivated me.
She sent me videos of people who are physically challenged and are exercising. Wow! ðŸ˜Š She asked if I was an older woman and I mentioned my age, She said, “ahðŸ˜³ Madam get up and start walking ðŸš¶ðŸ¼â™€ðŸ˜‚.” I started and I must confess, I haven’t really lost weight but people trust me I feel so good. I can sleep better and very active now, no more feeling fatigue. I am just doing very well ðŸ˜Š. I had a cast on my hand and I was exercising with it. The cast didn’t stop me from doing what I had to do ðŸ™ðŸ¼ Thanks to the organisers especially Adah ðŸ™ðŸ¼. Evelyn Jumbo.
MD of Multi TV joined the final workout session
– This challenge has really motivated me Greatly. So all along, I wanted to firm up my butts, arms and define my edges. However, I realized I needed the motivation to do this. I was stagnant and waiting for who (I don’t know) thinking dieting alone will give me the amazing results I so wanted. The truth is I noticed the change when I started the diet but it was slow or most times not at all. I kept increasing at a high rate and decreasing at a very low rate in size ðŸ˜. Almost on the verge of giving up.
Then the unthinkable happened. I chanced on the weight loss challenge with Mamavi on Twitter as I was following Cosmopolitan Mix, a month ago. I jumped in with an open mind. Honestly, the phrase no pain no gain came alive for me. That is the discipline to combine, diet and exercise were not that easy. However, being in the company of Adah my lovely coachðŸ˜ with constant weight loss motivation and hints did the trick for me. One of such she dropped it stuck and shook me was. It says “don’t wait for anyone to motivate you, create it.”ðŸ˜³ It gave me extra energy I never realized I had in me. So I told myself “hey you got to check yourself, don’t wait for anyone!!!
I started with tips on the meal plan then added the exercise later on day 5. Gradually I built up momentum to continue no matter the Pain I used to weigh 95kg now 83.4kg
as at 31-08-19
My hips- 52 now 48
My waist- 40 now 38
My arms -181/2 now 16
I feel lighter than before, I also feel great. Thanks to Adah it’s now my lifestyle because if I miss the time my body reminds me with pain. The added value is my self-confidence has shot up! As she motivates me more, my crumps are nowhere to be found!!
Philip Nai, Mamavi and to Joyfm, thank you all for bringing this up. Indeed “radio gets results”.
Lastly to Dr Yaw Osafo For his concerns for my health and the help he’s offering me now on my BMI, through the walk with Lexis on last Saturday. I’m very grateful and excited about it! It’s a lifestyle now! My target is 70kg. Valerie Baidoo.
Thanks to Sefam and Solace for their positive comments on my current look.
My sweet referees ðŸ˜
I feel awesome!
– It has been a great experience. I easily put on weight and it is seen on my shoulders most often, which l don’t like. But since we started these 30 days weight loss challenge it has been stable. Previously l was weighing 80kg or more, last week Saturday l checked with MEDICAS HOSPITAL and it was 75kg. I feel pains every time l bend for a while but this morning l bent while caring for my patients but l didn’t feel any pain. My abdomen was bigger but now it small and sexy. I eat healthier than before, l have palpitations once a while especially when I’m lying down but now l don’t experience that. I want to thank Ada, our sweet coach, Philip and the Joy Fm Cosmopolitan Mix team headed by Mamavi Aboagye for organising this weight loss Challenge. God richly bless you all. Grace Yaayaa Dakogre.
– What I want to tell everybody on this platform what Ada said, ” Let us devote at least 30 to 1hr of our time daily to exercise. Let us also eat more fruits and vegetables which is good for our health”.
– I have been affected positively since I started the 30days weight loss challenge with Ada. I checked my weight last Saturday with Medicas Hospital, when we went for the walk with Lexis on the Aburi mountain, and it was 70kg. The doctors said my weight was very normal. I also checked my Body Mass Index(BMI) which was very normal. Since I started the weight loss exercise, I always scratch my Body during the exercise and I told the doctors about it. They said it was also normal. The blood they said has started circulating in my body because I have not been exercising for a long time.
See more photos of the final workout session below:
Radio show host Naa Ashorkor has been in on the challenge since day one.
- I hate Manchester United because they made Sammy Kuffour cry – Gifty Oware-Mensah
- Corrupt officials are like termites… eating the very foundation of our democracy – Torgbe Afede XIV
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Abuse of power is extremely dangerous to our burgeoning democracy – UTAG
- Ghana’s public debt up ¢6.3bn within 2 months to reach ¢575.5bn in June 2023
- Produce the alleged recording of the said inducement – National Security challenges Barker-Vormawor
- Financial system resilient to risks from macroeconomic challenges in 2022 – BoG
- When our moral fundamentals are weak, the economy will explode
- CalBank denies MD exit
- Corruption is the deadliest disease to ever hit Ghana – Domelevo
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest: NMC, Amnesty International Ghana condemn Police brutality
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: IGP Dampare just lost it, he’s just protecting ‘corrupt’ Akufo-Addo – Martin Kpebu
- Government must pay attention to issues plaguing creative arts industry – D-Black
- Without guarantor system, EC would’ve disenfranchised many eligible voters – Omane Boamah
- Nana Krobea Asante unhappy about Ghana’s decline in peace ranking
- OccupyGhana condemns arrests of peaceful demonstrators