After battling breast cancer in 2015, singer and songwriter Stephanie Benson says she is not willing to let the stigma that comes with losing her breast define her.
Speaking on the Cosmopolitan Mix on Joy FM, Thursday, she said after removing both of her breasts, someone sent her a text to question her choice of clothes.
“You don’t have any breast why are you wearing that outfit,” the texter told her, she claims.
This, she replied to saying, “I can take it I don’t really care but nut somebody can’t take it,” she told host, Mamavi Owusu-Aboagye.
Stephanie Benson recounted how at a meeting with other breast cancer survivors she was asked not to take her clothes off in front of her husband.
“I told her I could take my clothes in front of her I don’t really care about all those things. Not having my breast will not define me,” she added.
The singer stated that losing her breast has not really taken anything from her. She said that she had initially been worried about what her husband would think but he had not been bothered at all.
Stephanie Benson had undergone reconstruction surgery to get new breast for herself.
“I do miss my breast sometimes but I don’t let it linger, as soon as I go ‘aww I really want big breast’ but then I’m rocking these small ones, it made me look young,” she added.
Watch the full interview below:
- Organised Labour rejects 18% salary increment
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Qatar 2022: “Kudus is currently the World Cup best player” – Prince Boateng
- Some OMCs start reducing fuel prices, GOIL down by 3.5%
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- ‘Insulting’ Ashanti Regional NSS Boss to appear before Committee of Inquiry
- Ato Forson calls out ministers and MPs for abandoning 2023 budget to watch football in Qatar
- Government to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- 2023 Budget: TUC rejects government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m
- Dr. John Kofi Mensah retires as MD of ADB Plc
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, December 1, 2022
- Ashanti Regional NSS Director suspended for verbally abusing a nurse
- Honour roadmap for Ofori-Atta’s sacking – Disgruntled NPP MPs tell Akufo-Addo
- Insurance Premiums for all category of policy holders up from today
- You won’t get new loans if you don’t pay existing ones – BoG to consumers
- 2023 Budget: PwC pushes for review of VAT, other policy measures
- ADB’s loan to agric sector hits ¢1bn
- Nigeria to abolish English in junior school
- Mary Afia Kesewaa (Awo Yaa)￼
- DR Congo leader using crisis to delay polls – Kagame
- Kwesi Agyare’s art exhibition attracting patrons and influencing mindsets in the US
- Agriculture sector grew from 7.4 per cent in 2020 to 8.4 per cent in 2021 – Agric Minister
- Nigerian student Aminu Adamu Mohammed accused of defaming Aisha Buhari
- One killed in robbery attack on Bimbilla-Accra road