Tema Youth goalkeeper, Christian Addai, on Wednesday underwent a successful surgery as he looks to recover from from a horrific leg injury.
The 19-year-old broke his leg in last week’s Division One League Super Cup group game against Bibiani Gold Stars at the Madina Astro Turf.
The industrious shot-stopper suffered the injury following his collision with forward Andrews Baidoo in the latter stage of the game and was rushed to the hospital.
However, as part of his way to recovery, the teenager has had a successful surgery, Tema Youth have confirmed through their social media pages.
CLUB STATEMENT ✍️— #DoItForChristian (@youth_tema) October 20, 2021
we're glad to bring to the notice of the general public and the sporting fraternity that our Captain Christian Addai has successfully undergone a surgery on his broken leg.
Thank you all for your fervent prayers and support 🙏🙏#DoItForChristian
“We’re glad to bring to the notice of the general public and the sporting fraternity that our Captain Christian Addai has successfully undergone a surgery on his broken leg. Thank you all for your fervent prayers and support,” a statement from the club on Twitter read.
Addai is expected to be on the sideline for the next few months and will be hoping to return to guide his side to Ghana Premier League promotion next season.
- Paa Kwesi Schandorf: 5 things Otto Addo must fix after our game with South Korea
- Ashanti NSS boss insults nurse for suggesting a change in prescription
- Government still wasteful but imposes austerity on Ghanaians – Joe Jackson
- Fire destroys shops at Kantamanto market
- That is not my style – Ashanti Regional NSS boss apologises for insulting nurses
- Fentuo Tahiru Fentuo: The day Kudus shone, in Jordan’s shadow
- Ex-Black Stars midfielder Sulley Muntari retires, age 38
- ‘Mr and Mrs Adeleke’: Fans gush over photos of Chioma with Davido and her in-laws during 1st public appearance
- World Bank concerned about Ghana becoming more reliant on natural resource extraction
- Petrol, diesel prices to go down by 10% – IES
- Motorists, residents outraged over poor state of Olebu roads
- Government urged to increase school feeding grant per child from GH₵ 1.00 to GH₵5.00
- Black Stars Playbook: Ghana 3-2 South Korea; why Ghana struggled in the wide areas
- 2022 World Cup: Koulibaly powers Senegal to last 16 after win over Ecuador
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Play Soccer Ghana commemorates Global Peace Games 2022
- State Prosecutors call Manasseh Azure Awuni as first witness in trial of former PPA boss
- Why NGOs should embrace digitisation of payments and collections
- ‘You’ll see, more is coming from my boy’ – Andre Ayew on Kudus’ future
- Amassing wealth as a politician is wickedness – Executive Director of CNIR
- Qatar 2022: You risk going to jail if you resell match tickets – Sports Minister warns Ghana supporters
- Kantamanto market fire: we need stakeholder engagement to provide affordable microinsurance – Insurance Brokers Association
- South Sudan urged to prosecute top officials linked to rape
- Sack Ashanti Region NSS boss; he is unfit to be director in public service – GRNMA tells government
- Cardinal Baawobr was a champion for the poor – Wa Catholic Diocese