Dancehall artiste, Samini, has asked people to desist from typing their prayers on their social media handles.
According to him, prayer is something that should be personal between a worshipper and God, not something for public approval.
“Don’t tweet at God…You want me to think, you’re a good person but I’m not the one that’s supposed to be thinking that. It’s not my business,” he told Sammy Forson on the Cosmopolitan Mix on Joy FM Wednesday.
He explained that God does not live on social media hence it is inappropriate for people to post prayers on social media “otherwise you are lying.”
The ‘Obaa’ hitmaker added that celebrities and people who embark on charity gestures should also leave their cameras at home.
“Do what you need to do for people. If the camera catches you fine but don’t carry the people with you and after that insist on captions, just so that the people know this and this is what you did. That one alone right there you dey lie,” he added.
- Ghana’s debt stock up ¢9bn to ¢402.4bn in July 2022 – BoG
- GRA locks up popular event center ‘Underbridge’
- British officials release date for King Charles III’s coronation
- ‘I have given up on dating; guys do not take me seriously’ – Comedienne Jacinta
- Black Sherif’s ‘Oh Paradise’ about late girlfriend gets fans emotional
- Court orders CID Boss to provide safety report on alleged bride killers
- NSMQ 2022: Competing schools arrive on KNUST campus ahead of prelims
- My vehicle was set ablaze on Samatex premises – Wontumi alleges
- FDA concurs with WHO’s caution against four substandard paediatric medicines found in The Gambia
- Black Sherif didn’t lose BET, his nomination is a win – Reggie Rockstone
- Members of a pro-Alan group accuse Bawumia of campaigning contrary to National Council directive
- In pictures: Illegal mining activities in the Bosome Freho District
- BoG’s timing of policy rate adjustment was wrong – Economist
- Paa Kwesi Schandorf: An open letter to Dr. Bawumia on the occasion of his 59th birthday
- Bawumia dances to ‘Buga’ song to mark 59th birthday
- Ellembelle District receives school infrastructure project from Eni Ghana and Partners
- Coachella files copyright infringement lawsuit against Afrochella
- We failed to deal with local triggers of inflation before Russia-Ukraine war – Prof. Bokpin
- Ghana Music Awards UK comes off on October 29
- Samira Bawumia celebrates husband on 59th birthday
- Laboratory scientists call for establishment of public health emergency preparedness fund
- It cost ₵200k to produce ‘Run For Your Wife’ play – George Quaye
- Halt PPP arrangement for a laboratory facility – Medical Laboratory Professionals tell government
- Nima Dreams: A documentary about how lack of infrastructure is affecting talent growth
- Opanin Kwadwo Taah (Alias Papa J. K.)