Audio By Carbonatix
Chairperson of the Electoral Commission (EC), Jean Mensa, is scheduled to address Parliament today, Wednesday, November 8, to provide an update on the recently concluded limited voter registration exercise.
During this exercise, the EC registered over 600,000 new voters.
The decision to confine the exercise to district offices drew criticism from the Minority in Parliament, who argued it placed a financial burden on Members of Parliament.

Last week, Majority Leader, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu announced that the EC Chairperson would be invited to a closed session on November 8, 2023, to brief members on matters arising from the limited voter registration exercise, as well as related issues.
“Mr Speaker, [Alban Bagbin] pursuant to order 44, the leadership of the business committee proposed that the Chairperson of the Electoral Commission, be invited to attend upon the house [on] November 8, 2023, at a close sitting to brief members of the house on matters arising from the recently held limited voter registration exercise undertaken by the commission and other related matters. Of course, it wasn’t necessary to castigate the EC when you have not heard from them, it was unnecessary,” the Majority Leader said.
Meanwhile, the voter register exhibition exercise, conducted by the Electoral Commission, concluded on November 7, 2023, after commencing on November 3.
Latest Stories
-
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
9 minutes -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
10 minutes -
Ghanaian released after 77 days in Burkinabe detention
18 minutes -
Football Noise, Economic Silence
19 minutes -
Replacing Haruna and Muntaka in Parliament was strategic for Election 2024 – Asiedu Nketia, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu explain the plot
31 minutes -
Security service recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
33 minutes -
Ghana’s tech prodigies set for Geneva after triumphant ‘Robotics for Good’ national qualifiers
45 minutes -
World Bank document shows 27 countries seeking to ensure access to crisis funds
53 minutes -
Mahama says Ghana’s IMF programme was close to derailment before he took over
54 minutes -
Uganda confirms 3 new Ebola cases, bringing total to 5
55 minutes -
Senegal president sacks PM Sonko, dissolves government after months of friction
56 minutes -
Security recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
59 minutes -
Mahama rules out IMF ‘kenkey and waakye parties’, takes swipe at erstwhile Akufo-Addo gov’t
1 hour -
Mahama says Ghana’s economy still needs major reforms despite IMF progress
1 hour -
Ghana Card is a critical national asset – Interior Minister
1 hour