Renowned actress and music writer, Felicity Ama Agyemang, known as Nana Ama McBrown, has confessed dropping out of School in Junior Secondary School (JSS) Form 2.
She explained that this was because of challenges at the time though she speaks and writes eloquent English.
The actress, who revealed she never got the opportunity to sit for the Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) while a pupil at Kwadaso L.A. disclosed.
According to the affable actress, the large family size at the time coupled with the economic situation did not favour her to complete school.
“I dropped out of JSS because my parents were unable to finance my education. I don’t have a certificate even though I wish I had,” she disclosed to the shock of students at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) during this year’s edition of ‘Tek Talk’.
Nana Ama MacBrown said she had to bow out in pursuit of other interests, especially professional football which she was good at.
Though she observed that it has remained one of the major challenges in her life, it does not suggest the end of life as she appears to be doing well in other areas. She however hinted of plans to further her education in the near future.
“I don’t have a degree or the educational certificates but I will do them someday. I want to use this opportunity to urge you not to allow challenges like this to weigh you down.
"Be yourself and do not strive to be like Nana Ama McBrown because you will remain in my shadow if you want to be like me,” she advised.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Jussie Smollett arrested over false attack report
- Video: Akufo-Addo seals SONA speech with kiss from Rebecca
- New Music: Mimlife Records new act ‘Mista Myles’ drops new song
- Our welcoming attitude is the strongest tourist attraction – Akufo-Addo
- Gov't to complete 2 theatres in creative industry - Akufo-Addo
- Vodafone joins Stanbic Jazz train for 3rd time in a row
- Ebony’s unreleased songs: 60% for Bullet, 40% for me – Dad
- Stop pressuring me to marry – Patience Nyarko
- We don’t know Akuapem Poloo – Chief denies her
- Photos: Music Producer, Kaywa ordained man of God
- Oscars 2019: 17 quirky facts about this year's Academy Awards
- Okyeame Kwame, wife present third edition of ‘Flaunt Your Lover’
- Let’s cast our nets wider when booking artistes for shows – Tic
- Video: Meet #empawa100 final ten artistes
- Drake buys $400,000 diamond encrusted iPhone case