Renowned actress and music writer, Felicity Ama Agyemang, known as Nana Ama McBrown, has confessed dropping out of School in Junior Secondary School (JSS) Form 2.
She explained that this was because of challenges at the time though she speaks and writes eloquent English.
The actress, who revealed she never got the opportunity to sit for the Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) while a pupil at Kwadaso L.A. disclosed.
According to the affable actress, the large family size at the time coupled with the economic situation did not favour her to complete school.
“I dropped out of JSS because my parents were unable to finance my education. I don’t have a certificate even though I wish I had,” she disclosed to the shock of students at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) during this year’s edition of ‘Tek Talk’.
Nana Ama MacBrown said she had to bow out in pursuit of other interests, especially professional football which she was good at.
Though she observed that it has remained one of the major challenges in her life, it does not suggest the end of life as she appears to be doing well in other areas. She however hinted of plans to further her education in the near future.
“I don’t have a degree or the educational certificates but I will do them someday. I want to use this opportunity to urge you not to allow challenges like this to weigh you down.
"Be yourself and do not strive to be like Nana Ama McBrown because you will remain in my shadow if you want to be like me,” she advised.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA@20: Police arrest one person after Shatta-Stonebwoy brawl
- VGMA@20: Oragnisers fail to announce 'Artiste of the Year' due to Shatta, Stonebwoy fight
- VGMA@20: Sarkodie crowned ‘Artiste of the Decade’
- VGMA@20: “You are my son” – Amakye Dede crowns Kuami Eugene
- “I’m really sorry” - Stonebwoy apolgises for pulling gun at VGMA@20
- Video: VGMA@20: Stonebwoy pulls gun as Bhim Nation, Shatta Wale camps clash
- Photos: Fashion moment on the Red Carpet of VGMA@20
- VGMA@20: Check out winners at 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- VGMA@20: Live updates of 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- I’m rooting for Kuami Eugene to win ‘Artiste of the Year’ – Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Watch 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards live
- Arnold Schwarzenegger drop-kicked at South Africa event
- It's fraud when artiste don't perform live – Samini
- Staying united secured our success - Daughters of Glorious Jesus
- Kwesi Arthur, Chris Attoh, Dumelo, others headline week's entertainment news