Headline act for the 2017 edition of the Stanbic Jazz Festival is promising patrons a weekend of unforgettable music experience as the event kicks off later Thursday.
Internationally acclaimed saxophonist, Gerald Albright, is one of the biggest contemporary and straight-ahead jazz musicians, who has earned his reputation as a ‘musician’s musician.
Born in Los Angeles, Albright began piano lessons at age nine. Albright’s love for music picked up considerably when he was given a saxophone that belonged to his piano teacher. By the time he enrolled at the University of Redlands, he was already a polished saxophonist who has 18 albums to his credit.
This year’s event is scheduled for the Accra International Conference Centre from November 2 to November 4 and is under the theme: ‘Sax and Strings on Cruise’.
Gerald Albright, who arrived in Ghana Wednesday night, says he is very excited to be in Ghana and the festival will be a celebration of music.
Apart from Gerald Albright, the festival will also feature performances from Cameroonian born sensation, Richard Bona, Tom Braxton and a host of others.
Tickets for the festival are going for GH¢500 for VVIP, GH¢350 for VIP and GH¢250 regular.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I won't invite 'people' to my wedding – Lilwin
- Steve Bedi to headline PAMA Festival 2019
- Ben Brako tops Global Music Charts with 'Shame and Scandal'
- Bible isn't against Marijuana, stop preaching against it – Rev. Abbeam
- Burna Boy deserved his BET award – Davido
- Cardi B pleads not guilty to assault
- Michelle Obama and Stephen Fry help drive audiobook boom
- Unemployment cause of increased nudity - Vicky Zugah
- Consistency and not hits alone make a good artiste - eShun
- Video: ‘I cannot say Medikal is a fraud boy’ - Strongman
- Don’t marry a woman who cannot cook – Kwesi Arthur's dad to son
- Partnering musicians as a producer is key – Jayso
- First edition of Miss United Continents, Ghana launched
- David Bolton releases visuals for ‘Odo Fofro’ featuring Samini
- Nominees for 2019 Hospitality Awards unveiled