Sarkodie has announced the release of his highly anticipated fourth studio album, ‘Highest’.
Named as one of the biggest Hip-hop acts on the African continent by The Guardian and with four hugely popular and acclaimed studio albums to his name, the Ghanaian hip-hop artiste and winner of the Best International Act: Africa at the 2012 BET Awards, will release the album on September 8.
The ‘Highest’ is a collection of 15 brand new songs, three interludes and a bonus track.
A total of 19 songs is displayed on the official album tracklist. The album, according to Sarkodie, during a listening session last Friday, is an incredible collection of solid Hip-hop and Afrobeats cuts that are set to push him even further into the international stratosphere.
‘Highest’ features some major local and international acts such as his long-time friend and Producer Jayso, UK’s Big Narstie, Victoria Kimani (Kenya), Moelogo (UK), renowned Spoken Word artiste, Suli Breaks (UK), Korede Bello (Nigeria), Praiz (Nigeria), Yung L (Nigeria), Joey B (Ghana), Jesse Jagz (Nigeria), Flavour (Nigeria) and Bobii Lewis (UK).
At the exclusive listening event at the plush Electroland Showroom in Accra, the rapper treated his fans and the media to screenings of cinematic visuals for six tracks from the project.
Sarkodie described “Highest” as his most challenging project yet. He also stated that it is a celebration of his achievements.
From that kid on the streets of Tema to selling out venues across the globe, King Sark, as he is affectionately known, says he is ready to take his brand of fearless and contagious hip-hop hits to even higher heights.
Sarkodie has ‘Makye’ (released in 2009), ‘Rapperholic’ (released in 2012), ‘Sarkology’ (released in 2014) and ‘Mary’ (released in 2015) to his credit.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics
- Depression is real; seek help – Obour advices fellow musicians