Award-winning film director, writer and producer Shirley Frimpong-Manso launched a new talent search dubbed, ‘Next Screen Star’.
The ‘Next Screen Star’, according to the director, is an acting program with the sole aim of unearthing talents to create "that professional actor every director will want on their set".
The program is in three phases and will span for a period of five weeks.
The first phase will be the Workshop where students will be trained and given professional guidance to exploit their talents to becoming seasoned, top notch and well sort after actors
The second phase of the ‘Next Screen Star’ is the Grand Audition Session. This is where students are put to the test to reproduce all they have learnt within the workshop period of the program in a grand audition.
Their performance at the audition could land them a role in a Shirley Frimpong-Manso Film, which will be premiered online.
The third and final stage will be the Film Production Session which will take place after the grand audition.
“Only selected actors at the audition (selection will be based strictly on performance) will be given a role in the film production. Roles will vary from lead, supporting, minor and extra roles,” she said in a statement.
“Interested applicants should log on to www.nextscreenstar.com to download the forms, complete it, add a passport picture and deliver it at the front desk of the Next Screen Star office, No. 13 Star Avenue, Kokomlemle, Accra,” the statement added.
On delivering the completed forms, applicants will be given information on the exact date the program will start and on which session they will be.
Shirley Frimpong-Manso, who won Best Director at the 6th Africa Movie Academy Awards, observed that “the industry had very limited faces on our screens and these are the same faces we have starring in different films and thus contributing to the stunted growth of the industry.”
This, she noted, inspired the ‘Next Screen Star’ program.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Photos: Ghana, Nigeria delegation arrive in South Africa for tourism hosting
- Kim Porter's son pens emotional post about his late mother
- Video: NDC Congress: Oye Lithur dances to Shatta’s “I know my level”
- Video: Check out Rawlings' dance moves at Konadu's birthday bash
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Video: Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene