Kuami Eugene was in Liberia Saturday night to perform at the 2018 MTN Liberia Music Awards which was held in Liberia for the first time after holding past four editions in the United States.
Music fans at the Executive Pavilion looked with apparent disinterest as their superstars performed their hit songs. CIC, who won Artiste of the Year on the night had no one singing or dancing along during his performance.
Facebook comments by Liberians watching via Facebook Live suggested that the sound quality was bad and that the audience were tired due to the time the event started.
The situation suddenly changed when the ‘Angela’ hitmaker Kuami Eugene from Ghana took to the podium. All the audience including the musicians stood up to sing and dance along throughout his 10-minute performance including his Twi songs.
This act by the audience angered people watching from home and Facebook was set on fire with comments insulting the audience for ignoring their stars only to hail a foreign artiste. Interestingly, there was an immediate improvement in the sound quality that had been bad since the ceremony started.
Kuami Eugene had a nomination and was competing for the International/African Artiste of the Year but lost to Nigeria’s Davido after entertainment critics spoke against attempts to award the ‘Wish Me Well’ hitmaker.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Kwaw Kese, D-Black, Patapaa are wack rappers – Tinny
- The club of 8 Ghanaian stars to have entered Billboard Chart in 48 years
- FRA! Band, Kyekyeku & Ghanalogue Highlife to tour Spain after winning ‘Vis a Vis’
- Video: Hitz FM’s DJ Bridash drops visuals for ‘Strong Bond’
- Media professionals to vote for 3Music Awards nominees
- Don’t call me Obrafour again, says veteran hiplife artiste
- Obrafour set to celebrate 20 years of ‘Pae Mu Ka’ album with a concert
- Female celebs benefit more in entertainment industry – Ecow Smith-Asante
- US-based Ghanaian rapper handed 15-year sentence
- Photos/Video: Lil Win electrifies Adom ‘Kolor Paaty’
- Davido, others escape air mishap
- Michael Jackson's daughter rubbishes claim she attempted suicide
- Nigeria elections: Desmond Elliot wins Surulere1 Constituency
- 'I had breasts': Sam Smith on having liposuction at 12
- Video: Some people held prayer sessions to cast out rap ‘demon’ from me – Eno