Music producer, Appietus, has asked musicians who walk into his studios expecting free beats to think again because he is not in the business of freebies.
Speaking on Daybreak Hitz with Andy Dosty on Hitz FM, Appietus, born as Appiah Dankwah, said he believes in his craft so well hence wasting time and resources to produce songs for musicians for free cannot happen.
“The young ones want fame so they are begging the artistes now; why would they go to the studio to pay when someone is saying it’s free? I am not prepared to do it for free,” he told Andy Dosty.
“They are using home theatres to mix the sound so they are not getting the right things from the studio monitors. These guys are just doing trial and error,” Appietus explained.
Asked how he is able to differentiate his sound from others, the music producer, who has worked with veterans Daddy Lumba and Kojo Antwi, said “I am never in a rush. I make sure I get everything right. If they don’t understand, they should seek knowledge about it. They are doing beats but the end product is some way.”
When Andy said it might limit the number of people who come to him for works, Appietus’ reply was “The Daddy Lumbas are ready to work with me,” stressing on the quality of sounds he produces.
Appietus also revealed he is recording free songs for 100 upcoming musicians across the country.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Creative Arts Council, media pay courtesy call on Ghana Embassy in Spain
- Listen: 'Already' by Beyoncé ft Shatta Wale
- Storm Energy partners Silverbird to premiere Lion King
- FaceApp: Celebs fall in love with AgeChallenge
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons
- Nicki Minaj hints on signing Ghanaian act
- People aren’t celebrating GuiltyBeatz's prod. on Beyoncé's album – Ameyaw Debrah
- AFCON 2019: Fuse ODG to perform at closing ceremony
- Kevin Spacey: Massachusetts prosecutors drop sex assault case
- Ghanaian delegation in Spain for Vis-a-Vis Festival
- Video: Strika's handler hands over ¢40,000 to actor
- Shatta Wale to tour with Beyoncé
- We didn’t pitch any material to get selected – Bulldog opens up about Beyoncé-Shatta collab
- Milk this opportunity, it's not about ‘pah pah’ anymore – Shatta Wale told