On Good Friday, the day that Christ laid down his life to save mankind, listeners of the Super Morning Show on Joy FM woke up to a special edition of the show.
The Good Friday special edition of Ghana’s most influential breakfast show, hosted by Animwaa Anim Addo, treated discerning listeners to a mixed bag of information, good music and drama.
The silky smooth voice of talented gospel musician Luigi Maclean and the Love Gift kicked off the show’s amazing lineup for the morning.
They serenaded listeners to spirit-filled songs as the world, and Ghanaians, mark this all important day.
Known for his impressive verse on Joe Mettle’s smash hit song ‘Bo Noo Ni’, Luigi Maclean thrilled listeners with performances of songs like ‘Here I am to Worship’, ‘Worthy Is The Lamb’ and a sweet catalogue of local tunes.
His performance of ‘Bo Noo Ni’ was simply something else – it was out of this world!
With his head tilted up and eyes closed, Luigi Maclean immersed himself in the song and the outcome melted hearts.
After that performance, Globe Productions performed a radio drama by Latif Abubakar.
The drama was a special rendition of the last supper and the crucifixion of Christ.
Their hilarious rendition had elements like Invincible Forces, National Cathedral, Sobolo, Mobile Money, Sam George and the classic highlife tune, ‘Kyenkyen Bi Adi M'awu’.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA@20 brawl: Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale granted bail
- We need to change narrative – Sarkodie speaks on support for industry
- VGMA@20: Celebrities react to Shatta Wale-Stonebwoy brawl
- Gov't to meet Shatta, Stonebwoy over feud – Tourism Minister
- Charterhouse disappointed after giving Shatta Wale a chance – CEO
- Creative Arts Ministry 'failed' to stop Shatta Wale Stonebwoy brawl - Minister
- VGMA@20: Stonebwoy not emotionally balanced to own gun - Sefa Kayi
- VGMA@20: MUSIGA condemns 'shameful behaviour' of Shata Wale, Stonebwoy
- VGMA@20 clash: Stonebwoy may be biggest loser – Ameyaw Debrah
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale have dented dancehall culture- Ambassador
- A nominee breached security protocol – Charterhouse explains VGMA brawl
- 'We got lucky this time' – Lydia Forson on VGMA brawl
- Stonebwoy explains why he pulled a gun on stage
- Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy in police custody over VGMA brawl
- VGMA@20: Police arrest one person after Shatta-Stonebwoy brawl