On Good Friday, the day that Christ laid down his life to save mankind, listeners of the Super Morning Show on Joy FM woke up to a special edition of the show.
The Good Friday special edition of Ghana’s most influential breakfast show, hosted by Animwaa Anim Addo, treated discerning listeners to a mixed bag of information, good music and drama.
The silky smooth voice of talented gospel musician Luigi Maclean and the Love Gift kicked off the show’s amazing lineup for the morning.
They serenaded listeners to spirit-filled songs as the world, and Ghanaians, mark this all important day.
Known for his impressive verse on Joe Mettle’s smash hit song ‘Bo Noo Ni’, Luigi Maclean thrilled listeners with performances of songs like ‘Here I am to Worship’, ‘Worthy Is The Lamb’ and a sweet catalogue of local tunes.
His performance of ‘Bo Noo Ni’ was simply something else – it was out of this world!
With his head tilted up and eyes closed, Luigi Maclean immersed himself in the song and the outcome melted hearts.
After that performance, Globe Productions performed a radio drama by Latif Abubakar.
The drama was a special rendition of the last supper and the crucifixion of Christ.
Their hilarious rendition had elements like Invincible Forces, National Cathedral, Sobolo, Mobile Money, Sam George and the classic highlife tune, ‘Kyenkyen Bi Adi M'awu’.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Panafest International Expo launched in UK
- Too many music talents hypnotised by Afrobeat popularity - David Bolton bemoans
- Video: My music was getting bigger – Ohemaa Mercy explains why she quit teaching
- Video: Funny Face claims police assault during movie shoot
- Cardi B rape accusations resurfaces
- Regent University student wins 2019 edition of 'Live Inside Win the Ride'
- Spanish hosts dance to highlife songs by Kyekyeku & Ghanalogue band
- R. Kelly in solitary over mortal fear of other inmates
- Ed Sheeran goes to numbers one, three, four on UK chart
- Ghana praised for supporting Vis-à-vis Festival
- English language did trick for ‘Be Lifted’ penetrating Africa - MOG
- Show evidence of new factories – John Dumelo charges gov’t
- Video: I’d love to settle in Ghana after retirement- Tim Godfrey
- Ark band performs live on Joy FM’s Cosmopolitan Mix
- Creative Arts Council, media pay courtesy call on Ghana Embassy in Spain