Deputy Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture, Dr. Ziblim Iddi has described the Miss Ghana pageantry as the country’s pride.
Dr Ziblim who launched the 2019 edition of the Miss Ghana pageantry, was full of praise for the chief executive officer and organiser of the event, Inna Patty.
“It is true that over the years the pageant has gone through transformation and its own challenges but I commend Inna for her courage, her resilience [and] for her tenacity to make sure this brand exist,” he stated.
The Deputy Minister added, the Ministry is impressed by the works of the Miss Ghana which according to him, foster the growth of tourism.
He explained the pageant helps promote tourism and the country hence it is not only for the Ministry but for the country as a whole.
Dr. Ziblim called for public support and promotion of the pageant because “this is an authentic Ghanaian pageant that we all have to support.”
“In the past two years that I have been in this Ministry, we have sat back, monitored, observed and come to the conclusion that this is a national asset that we cannot allow to collapse,” he said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- My mom and I were abandoned by my father – Nsromma star
- It will be difficult going back to school – Kuami Eugene
- I’m a shopaholic, I need prayers – Jackie Appiah
- Abraham Attah to star in Birdman’s film
- Lena Headey didn’t like Cersei’s ‘Game of Thrones’ death scene
- Girlfriends, side-chicks of Black Stars players should be allowed into their camp – Mzbel
- Duchess Meghan nominated for World Fashion Award
- Video: Do politics if you want Ghana to move forward – A Plus
- Pushing foreign genres will not sell Ghana - Mikki Osei Berko to artistes
- “You can’t be serious” - Kwesi Arthur's dad reacts to his plan to marry at 35
- Comedy play 'Adam in Court' stages on June 22
- Cardi B forced to perform in bathrobe after wardrobe malfunction
- 2019 MTV Movie, TV Awards: The only 10 moments people will be talking about
- I received death threats over Konkonsa show on Radio Gold - Mikki Osei Berko
- Father's Day: Celebs gush over their daddies