The child actor in the 'Beast Of No Nation' movie, Emmanuel Adom Quaye, has received an amount of ¢40,000 from his handler, Kofi Robert.
The handler had been accused by the actor of duping him of the 1% entitlement he got after starring in the Netflix production.
After a revealing interview with Joy News’ MzGee, Strika, as he is popularly called, last week lodged a formal complaint with the Central Police Station in Accra.
Kofi Robert was invited afterward and ordered to hand over the account and its transactions to date.
On Tuesday, the handler closed the account he held in trust for ‘Strika’ and handed over an amount of ¢40,093.22 to ‘Strika’ in the presence of his family at the Accra Region Police Command.
Reacting to the development, Robert said he was shocked by the claims and actions of Strika against him.
According to him, he feels relieved after handing over the account explaining he had no intention of squandering Strika’s money.
“I was alerted by friends that Emma had been on air making certain statements and I was surprised. My understanding was that he needed money and whenever he needs money, he always calls me, we meet at the Osu Barclays bank and I withdraw the money for him,” he explained.
He debunked claims by Strika that he couldn’t reach him for months, saying the last transaction he made on behalf of Strika was two months ago.
Mr Robert stated that he withdrew ¢1,000 for Strika on May 20, hoping it would last him a while.
“For me to hear he needed money again last week was surprising,” he added.
Though Robert admits he reneged on his promise to hand over Strika’s account to him when he turned 18, he said the action was without malice.
He explained that he only wanted to test the young actor’s ability to manage such an amount at 18 and was keeping the money for him until he is 21.
Watch the video for more:
More Entertainment Headlines
- Kumasi yearns for more of Luv FM's Corporate Groove
- How Tobi proposed to me – Becca reveals as they mark first anniversary
- Video: Thousands throng Shatta Wale, Tinny’s ‘Loud in Bukom’ concert
- Video: If police arrest you for smoking weed, just beg - Shatta Wale tells fans
- R Kelly misses court hearing in Chicago after transport mix-up
- Duchess of Sussex's TV drama Suits jokes about her royal role
- Video: Mum told me Reggie Rockstone sounded like a porn star’s name
- Van Vicker jabs Kofi Asamoah for saying blacks can't be wise as whites
- Videos/Photos: Steve Harvey visits Cape Coast Castle, gets emotional
- Nigerian comedian, Klint da Drunk involved in accident
- Video: Emotional McBrown recounts 20-year struggle to have a child
- Ghanaian actors are too comfortable - Moesha Boduong
- Video: Comedian Steve Harvey in Ghana for Year of Return
- Pius wins hearts with dance moves at Chicago’s Ghanafest 2019
- 'What Do Girls Really Want' – Sister Derby, Freda Rhymz, others school Lord Paper