Winner of 2011 Ghana Most Beautiful, Akua Amoakoa, has acquired a franchise from Miss Continent Unidos, to organise the Miss United Continents beauty pageant in Ghana.
The competition which was launched at Grand Casamora Hotel in Accra on Sunday, focuses on developing the problem-solving abilities of young ladies in the country.
Selected contestants after the audition, will be asked to tackle pertinent issues within the country and present viable solutions to a panel of judges.
The topics include, ‘Rise of Slay Queens’, ‘Sensationalism over professionalism in media today’, ‘Politics and governance in Ghana’ and ‘Tramadol abuse among the youth’.
The panel of judges includes renowned broadcaster, Stacy Amoateng, Ghanaian musician, Trigmatic and C.E.O of Miss United Continents Ghana, Akua Amoakoa.
Winners of the competition will be determined by 50% votes from judges and 50% votes from the general public.
The National winner grabs the crown, GH₵ 10,000 and souvenirs from sponsors of the beauty pageant.
1st and 2nd Runner-ups will receive GH₵7,000 and GH₵ 5,000 respectively together with souvenirs from sponsors.
Miss United Continents Ghana 2019 winner will get the chance to represent the country at the global Miss United Continents in Ecuador.
She will also walk home with $6,000 and other benefits from sponsors and organisers.
Auditions for Miss United Continents Ghana begin on 29th June 2019 at Grand Casamora Hotel and will run for two weeks.
Interested ladies must be between the ages of 18 years and 27 years and must have a minimum height of 1.67metres.
Organisers said during the launch that the live competition will be telecast on Angel TV and TV3.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- People want Miss Ghana queens to look like slay queens - Inna Patty
- Video: I’m not ugly, my mirror doesn’t tell me so - Miss Ghana 2019
- 2019 Golden Movie Awards: Full list of nominees released
- 5 honours, 26 competitive awards to be given out at 2019 Golden Movie Awards
- New video alert! - Rocky Dawuni premieres 'Elevation'
- Video: Shatta Wale explains why he is king
- Panafest International Expo launched in UK
- Too many music talents hypnotised by Afrobeat popularity - David Bolton bemoans
- Video: My music was getting bigger – Ohemaa Mercy explains why she quit teaching
- Video: Funny Face claims police assault during movie shoot
- Cardi B rape accusations resurfaces
- Regent University student wins 2019 edition of 'Live Inside Win the Ride'
- Spanish hosts dance to highlife songs by Kyekyeku & Ghanalogue band
- R. Kelly in solitary over mortal fear of other inmates
- Ed Sheeran goes to numbers one, three, four on UK chart