Friends and family of late musician, Anokye Supremo, last Saturday gathered to pay their last respects to late highlife musician Anokye Supremo.
The sombre ceremony was held at the Atomic Energy Park near the Atomic Police Station in Accra after which he was interred.
Anokye’s death earlier this year shocked many.
Despite the fact that he had been battling brain tumour, which made him blind in one eye, the highlife act was expected to make full recovery after being flown out of the country to India for surgery.
However, after the brain surgery, he failed to regain consciousness, sending him into a coma before his eventual death, his manager, Zack, said in an interview.
His body was subsequently brought home after news of financial challenges, which according to reports, nearly made it impossible for his body to be returned home, hit the media.
Anokye Supremo became a household name in Ghana due to his unique resemblance to the legendary Ghanaian singer, Daddy Lumba.
He called himself Daddy Lumba Jnr. but rebranded himself to Anokye Supremo after the ‘Aben Wo Ha’ hitmaker threatened to sue him.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- After 6 years of music, over 40 songs, here are MzVee's best 10
- Boomplay announces licensing deal with Warner Music
- PUZZLED to be screened at the UN Women’s Conference
- Shatta Wale to open 2019 3Music Awards
- Adom FM Music Chart: Medikal’s Omo Ada still reigns
- Video: Nana Ama McBrown shows off baby girl
- MultiChoice Talent Factory networking portal goes live
- Video: I took injections to bleach my skin for movie roles in Nigeria – Actress
- I do the dishes at home - Adjetey Anang reveals
- Koffi Olomidé guilty of rape of 15-year-old girl
- Inna Patty drags ex-Miss Ghana queens to court for defamation
- Kwaw Kese, D-Black, Patapaa are wack rappers – Tinny
- The club of 8 Ghanaian stars to have entered Billboard Chart in 48 years
- FRA! Band, Kyekyeku & Ghanalogue Highlife to tour Spain after winning ‘Vis a Vis’
- Video: Hitz FM’s DJ Bridash drops visuals for ‘Strong Bond’