Ethiopian Airlines Group says it will cover the medical insurance including repatriation, evacuation and quarantine costs related to Covid-19 for all passengers effective October 1, 2020, to March 31, 2021.
A statement issued in Accra by the Airline said the global cover, dubbed: “Sheba Comfort” was part of the airline’s extra security measures to protect passengers and ensure that they travel with peace of mind.
It said passengers would have their medical expenses up to €100,000 covered if they were diagnosed with Covid-19 during their travel in addition to quarantine costs up to €150 per day for a maximum of 14 days.
“Sheba Comfort also includes repatriation and evacuation services whenever needed besides 24/7 assistance through the airline’s hotline,” it said.
Ethiopian Group CEO, Mr. Tewolde GebreMariam, said: “We are glad to be among the pioneer global airlines to introduce this extra security measure and provide global cover for Covid-19 with a view to boosting passengers’ confidence.”
“Our Sheba Comfort insurance scheme is part of the measures we have been taking to ensure the health and wellbeing of passengers on the ground and on board,” he said.
As the travel safety continued to evolve by the day, “We will always be at the forefront of adopting all necessary changes to ensure the safety of our passengers as our top priority.”
The Sheba Comfort insurance scheme, introduced in collaboration with AXA Partners and Awash Insurance Company, is valid for 92 days for round trip and 31 days for one-way trip.
It would be recalled that Ethiopian Airlines recently unveiled an ultra-modern, spacious passenger terminal, which was completed with emphasis on biosecurity and biosafety measures.
Ethiopian Airlines (Ethiopian) is the fastest-growing airline in Africa and in its 70 plus years of operation, Ethiopian has become one of the continent’s leading carriers, unrivalled in efficiency and operational success, the statement said.
Ethiopian commands the lion’s share of the Pan-African passenger and cargo network operating the youngest and most modern fleet to 127 international passenger and cargo destinations across five continents.
- BoG to close down licensed forex bureaus flouting foreign exchange law
- ‘Stop all auction sales until investigation is concluded’ – OSP orders Custom boss
- Special Prosecutor investigates vehicle auctions, others by Customs from July 2016 till date
- Bawumia plays blame game with Ghana’s economic problems – US economist
- Mourinho defends Afena-Gyan after media accused Ghanaian of injuring Wijnaldum
- ‘It really hit me’ – Stonebwoy pained after Tinny’s attacks following ¢2k debt brouhaha
- Labianca case: Appointing Council of State member to GPHA board smacks of elite capture – Former CDD-Ghana boss
- BoG cautions public against 19 entities engaged in loan services without license
- Increase in utility tariffs: Government cushioned Ghanaians – Spokesperson
- BoG cautions public against engaging services of 19 unlicensed loan providers
Woman, 55, killed by hit-and-run driver on Asukawkaw-Dambai highway
Gundogan scores brace as Man City beat Man United to win FA Cup title
Fuel tanker overturns and blocks Morso-Kurofa road at Asante Akyem South
Domelevo’s forced leave: President’s directive was not malicious – Joseph Kpemka
Assin North by-election: NDC taking a risk with Gyakye Quayson – Joseph Kpemka
NPP flagbearership race: NPP has a large number of overly ambitious people – Inusah Fuseini
The fight against galamsey is more difficult than that of corruption – Joseph Kpemka
President must be impeached for breach of constitution – Inusah Fuseini
Galamsey is a manifestation of corruption – Inusah Fuseini
Supreme Court ruling will protect the independence of constitutional bodies – Martin Kpebu
Accord Bawumia constitutional dignity – NPP flagbearer aspirants urged
Anthrax outbreak: One reported dead, others infected at Binduri
Chris Hughton is a great guy and we are excited to work under him – Tariq Lamptey
Ghanaian now Mayor of Royal Borough of Greenwich, UK
MSport Football Challenge: Road to final 2023