Audio By Carbonatix
A former singer for Spandau Ballet has been found guilty of rape and attempted rape.
Ross Davidson, who used Ross Wild as his stage name, was known for singing with the 80s band Spandau Ballet in 2018 as well as starring in the Queen-themed West End musical We Will Rock You.
The 37-year-old from Finchley, north London, had pleaded not guilty to the rape of a woman in London in March 2015. He also denied the attempted rape and sexual assault of another woman in Thailand in December 2019.
Jurors at Wood Green Crown Court found him guilty of all charges after more than 11 hours of deliberation.
Following the convictions, Det Con Kamila Kedadrova, from the Metropolitan Police, described the Aberdeen-born singer as "a prolific offender who carried out cowardly and opportunistic assaults against his victims".
'Helpless and scared'
During the trial, prosecutor Richard Hearnden said Davidson had been thought of as "a bit of a sex symbol" but the two women found he had "a much darker side that they did not notice, at least at first".
Davidson had met both women on the dating app Tinder and claimed that all sexual activity he engaged in was consensual.
The rape victim told the jury she woke to find Davidson assaulting her while she slept in his bed at his London home. She said she felt "helpless" and "scared to react".
She also said that Davidson had told her he was interested in the idea of sex with "a person in a helpless state, someone not moving".
Davidson described himself as "sex positive", explaining that for him the term meant having "open dialogue" and being "open minded about people's predilections".

Davidson had earlier pleaded guilty to a charge of voyeurism in December 2019 against the woman in Thailand after he secretly filmed a video of her as she slept.
Detectives later traced her after discovering a video on Davidson's phone which the prosecution said showed her being touched while "asleep, still and unresponsive" and "at least half naked" in the hotel room.
She told the court she had no idea the footage existed until that point.
Davidson admitted the voyeurism charge, but had denied sexual assault and attempted rape.
He said he created the video for "selfish reasons, for sexual gratification". He told the jury he wished he "had never done it".
The court heard Davidson had been found guilty of rape, two counts of sexual assault and voyeurism at a previous trial.
He is due to be sentenced for his later convictions at a later date.
Latest Stories
-
NSMQ 2026: St. Francis Xavier deny debutants Pentecost SHS one-eighth spot
30 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: Tamale SHS sweep aside Kalpohin, Wenchi Methodist to reach one-eighth stage
1 hour -
NSMQ 2026: Tears of relief as Labone SHS survive Notre Dame Sem. in thriller to secure one-eighth spot
2 hours -
Onga Tomato Mix unveils Diana Hamilton as Brand Ambassador
2 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Winneba Secondary School holds off Fijai SHS to reach one-eighth stage
2 hours -
KNUST assures staff, public over statute review process amid UTAG concerns
2 hours -
CLOGSAG Executive Secretary Dr Isaac Bampoe Addo passes on
2 hours -
Take post-flood disinfection seriously to prevent disease outbreaks – Environmental Health Officer backs Zoomlion
2 hours -
Zoomlion launches fumigation exercise across 14 MMDAs in Western Region
3 hours -
UTAG-KNUST votes to retain elections for Pro-Vice Chancellors and Deans
3 hours -
Newsfile to discuss nationwide blackouts, GoldBod controversy, galamsey and water quality
3 hours -
Adamus must settle GRA, MIIF and financial institutions liabilities under new turnaround roadmap
3 hours -
Big Chef Season Five returns with Gari Fotor Challenge this Sunday
3 hours -
Gov’t to form 6-member team to supervise Adamus mine turnaround
3 hours -
Wontumi is not Mandela, NPP must be realistic about chairmanship bid – Musa Danquah
3 hours