A farmer at Yezesi in the Mamprugu/Moadugri District of the North East Region is in police grips for allegedly butchering his three-year-old daughter to death and injuring his wife.
The suspect, Haruna Adam, 25, and the wife are reported to have had a misunderstanding over a bathing soap.
In the process, he reportedly picked a machete and inflicted wounds on the wife and the daughter, resulting in the death of the daughter.
After the act, he reportedly fled the scene but was pursued and apprehended by some community members and handed over to the police.
Confirming the incident to Graphic Online, the North East Regional Police Public Relations Officer, Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP), Robert Anabiik Angmain, said the incident happened on February 20, 2022.
He said the police found the victims lying in a pool of blood when they responded to the call.
He explained that the suspect locked up the wife and daughter in the room and subjected them to severe beatings and in the process used the machete to inflict wounds on them.
He added the deceased daughter has since been buried while the injured was receiving treatment at the Walewale Municipal Hospital.
The suspect has been arraigned at the Walewale District Court and remanded into police custody for further investigations.
He is to reappear on March 8, 2022.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- BoG dollar auction: Demand outstrips supply by $72.2m as $1 hits ¢10.92
- Social media users impressed with Black Sherif’s ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Government using IMF as smokescreen to force its ‘austerity budget’ on Ghanaians – Martin Amidu
- ‘Forget about votes; call Chairman Wontumi to account’ – Martin Kpebu to Akufo-Addo
- There is too much uncertainty in the business environment – Twum Akwaboah
- Deputy Energy Minister, Amin Adam, appointed Board Chairman of global oil’s New Producers Group
- Increasing monetary policy rate will not reduce inflation – Badu Aboagye
- Austerity is bad for economic growth – Prof. Charles Ackah
- The Central Bank’s policy a measure in the wrong direction – Prof. Charles Ackah
- Akosua Agyapong eulogises mom
- ‘Horrible and terrible’ – German Ambassador on illegal mining
- My vehicle was set ablaze on Samatex premises – Wontumi alleges
- FDA concurs with WHO’s caution against four substandard paediatric medicines found in The Gambia
- Livestream: PM Express business edition discusses impact of policy rate on businesses
- Gertrude Agyemang: Customer Service Week and the ECG prepaid meter challenge
- NDC has no evidence to prove my involvement in ‘galamsey’ – Ellembelle DCE
- KNUST students develop cost-effective instrument to measure temperature and light energy from the sun
- MP has been a challenge in fight against ‘galamsey’ in my district – Ellembelle DCE
- 2 women in court over alleged assault on Besease M/A JHS teacher