The Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) has destroyed 5 tonnes of unwholesome products which posed risk to the health of consumers, in Koforidua.
The products included expired and unregistered assorted food items, substandard and expired medicines, unregistered cosmetic products, unregistered herbal concoctions, expired blood collection bags, and expired assorted carbonated drinks.
Under the strict supervision of the FDA and environmental health officials, the unwholesome products were crushed and buried at the Akwadum dumping site near Koforidua.
This was to ensure complete destruction of the products.
Head of Enforcement at the FDA, Mr Joseph Yeboah Gyau, said the products were seized through post-market surveillance activities conducted at pharmacies and chemical sellers, warehouses, supermarkets, cosmetic shops, provision shops, table tops and medical laboratories across the region.
He indicated that expired seized food product during the Christmas season, as part of measures to protect the consuming public was part of the destroyed items and urged the public to be alert and check the expiry and manufacturing dates on every product purchased to ensure their safety.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- NSMQ 2021: Tamasco and 3 others secure tickets to Accra on day one of Northern Regional qualifiers
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
- Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
Ghana to host African Swimming and Open Water championships
Chief breaks ground for multipurpose Nkawkaw Palace
Double whammy for Ghana in Old Mutual Amazing Voices
Mental disorder after childbirth is real – Victim recounts
Transgender Cameroonians jailed for 5 years
Dr Prince Hamid Armah: Exploring Akufo-Addo’s commitment to education; Policy, spending, and outcomes
Politicisation of security agencies cause of insecurity in the country- Sam George
Museveni takes oath for 6th term
Ghana has not done enough to get girls out of the streets – Development consultant
China’s population grows to 1.41 billion people
Uganda deploys troops ahead of Museveni inauguration
Banks cannot be blamed for not accepting new Voter ID cards – Association of Bankers
9-year-old boy dies after being ‘struck by lightning’ on football field
Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah released from National Security custody
Don’t shake your car when fueling – Transport Consultant