A 14-year-old final year student of Miracle Junior High School at Barkoniaba in the Sunyani municipality of the Bono Region has allegedly committed suicide.
Leticia Kyere Pinaman is reported to have been found hanging at the school’s dining hall by her colleagues on Monday May 11, around 9:30 pm.
It is not immediately known what led to the incident, but it happened whiles the rest of the students were at the church auditorium for Bible studies.
The Housemistress, Gifty Acheampong, is reported to have said in an interview that she was at the kitchen cooking food for the students when she heard of the incident.
“I heard the students shouting, so I rushed there and saw her hanging. I quickly rushed to the church auditorium to call the proprietor and the proprietress,” she said.
Meanwhile, the Sunyani Municipal police has deposited the body at a morgue in the Sunyani Regional Hospital for autopsy and preservation.
- Organised Labour rejects 18% salary increment
- Qatar 2022: “Kudus is currently the World Cup best player” – Prince Boateng
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Government to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Ofori-Atta has more integrity than 99% of politicians I know in Ghana – Prof. Stephen Adei
- ‘Insulting’ Ashanti Regional NSS Boss to appear before Committee of Inquiry
- Ato Forson calls out ministers and MPs for abandoning 2023 budget to watch football in Qatar
- 2023 Budget: TUC rejects government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m
- IMF confirms Ghana’s intention to conduct debt restructuring in 2023
- Ashanti Regional NSS Director suspended for verbally abusing a nurse
- Hubtel extends operations to the Northern Region of Ghana
- NACOC seizes Amphetamine tablets concealed in café worth $1.4m
- GRA to focus on Hospitality and Tourism Sector during festive season to rake in revenue
- COVID Levy: People feel scammed – Kofi Bentil
- Sam Jonah: Extractives, climate change and energy transition: what the future holds for Africa
- Darkovibes releases new single ‘Yao’
- Qatar 2022: Ghanaians want Black Stars to exact revenge on Uruguay
- WAEC releases provisional results for 2022 WASSCE; 8,486 candidates in trouble
- It’s not my fault Asamoah Gyan missed the penalty in 2010 – Luis Suarez
- Ashanti Regional Health Directorate engages stakeholders on Marburg virus prevention
- Conjugate vaccine in lessening typhoid burden in Ghana
- We still need to work hard to achieve our target – Otto Addo
- Ghana’s topmost CEOs to attend prestigious CEOs business networking cocktail
- We are working to support SMEs to leverage AfCFTA-Gender Minister
- Adidas’ in-ball sensor confirms Ronaldo didn’t score World Cup “hair goal”