The Ministry of Fisheries and Aquaculture Development has begun investigations into the death of some large species of fish spotted at the Osu-Castle beach on Friday, April 2.
In a press release dated April 4, the Ministry revealed that a team from the Fish Health Unit has visited the scene after receiving reports on April 3, of some dead fishes found at the shore of the Osu-Castle Beach.
The statement also indicated that “seawater samples and fish samples have been collected to carry out examinations on the fish gills.”
“Other historical examinations will be conducted to carry out any pathological cause,” it added.
Reports reaching JoyNews indicated that over 60 dead dolphins together with other sea mammals have been sighted at the shore of Axim-Bewire and Keta in the past few days.
Although the cause of death has not been established, the dead dolphins found at Axim-Bewire on April 4, have gone missing while processed dolphins now attract high market prices in the area.
Meanwhile, the Ministry of Fisheries has given the assurance that the cause of these recent happenings will be unraveled within the shortest possible time.
“We are working hard to ascertain the actual cause of mortality of the fish,” the statement concluded.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah released from National Security custody
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
- Cape Coast airport to be completed before end of second term – Transport Minister assures
- Wesley Girls: Aside ban on fasting Muslims aren’t allowed to observe Salat – Old student
- Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
- Don’t shake your car when fueling – Transport Consultant
Extraordinary problems require extraordinary measures – Lands Minister justifies burning of excavators
Government’s fight against galamsey camouflage – PPP
Court remands 32 alleged national security operatives accused of mining
Kenyan MPs summoned over bribery claims
#FixTheCountry: Be measured in your expectations of Akufo-Addo due to Covid-19 – Chief of Staff
#FixTheCountry: Pay cut for political leaders will not achieve much – Afenyo-Markin
Kumawood stars grace Mercy Asiedu’s 50th birthday
MTN Ghana donates in support of Eid celebration in Western Region
Inflation rate drifts into single digit of 8.5 per cent in April
Church of Pentecost hands over fully furnished Ejura prison to state
Legatum Center for Development and Entrepreneurship launches inaugural Legatum Foundry Fellowship for entrepreneurs in Africa
Pregnancy should not be a hindrance to your dreams – Nana Adwoa Awindor
Over 90% of ‘rotten’ vehicles at National Security premises distributed – Former MASLOC boss
Muslims urged to support in raising funds for the vulnerable
Nsawam Adoagyiri MP donates 10 Pulse Oximeters to Nsawam government hospital