As Parliament reconvenes on Tuesday, June 6, a series of financial bills, including the Revenue Administration Regulations, 2023, will be presented for consideration.
In addition to the Revenue Administration Regulations, the Customs (Amendment) Act, Income Tax (Amendment) Regulations, VAT (Amendment) Regulations, and the Insurance Regulations, 2023, will also be laid before the Parliament.
This was disclosed by Majority Chief Whip, Frank Annoh-Dompreh on Twitter.
These are scheduled to be presented to Parliament from the Ministry of Finance:— Hon. Frank Annoh-Dompreh (@FAnnohDompreh) June 1, 2023
1. Customs ( Amendment) Act.
2. Revenue Administration Regulations, 2023.
3. Income Tax ( Amendment) Regulations.
4. VAT ( Amendment) Regulations.
5. Insurance Regulations, 2023.
Following a recess starting on March 31, Members of Parliament will return to their duties on June 6, 2023.
The Speaker of Parliament, Alban Sumana Bagbin, issued a statement to recall the MPs for the Second Meeting of the Third Session of the Eighth Parliament, with proceedings scheduled to commence at 10:00 am.
After the Easter festivities, Parliament adjourned in March 2023, following the passage of three controversial revenue bills.
These bills were introduced by the government with the aim of enhancing domestic revenue mobilization.
- We needed someone to get us goals, and Mohammed Kudus did – West Ham boss David Moyes
- Stop lecturing us, Guinea junta leader tells West
- PAC’s order to MMDAs to stop engaging our services is unfortunate and surprising – Zoomlion
- Over 350 farmers receive 53,000 tree crop seedlings in Sekyere Kumawu District
- ‘Things have deteriorated’ – E.L spotted at #OccupyJulorBiHouse protest Day 2
- Akufo-Addo was not sincere with Ghanaians in his self-assessment of fighting corruption – Domelevo
- Tunisia arrests cartoonist for drawings mocking PM
- Missing Nigerian journalist found dead in pit
- Don’t disenfranchise persons with disabilities – Ghana Federation of Disability to EC
- Man arrested for dishonestly selling land, others for ₵230k
- FIFA boss Infantino discusses football growth in Rwanda with President Paul Kagame
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: The dramatic arrests, harassment, abuse, and more on Day 1
- MTN MoMo, ECG and Hubtel partner to provide enhanced Bill Payment Solutions to customers
- Lionel Messi: I’ll like to be a sporting director after I retire
- Message from the Morning Man: Why Do You Do It?