Some social media users have cast doubt about the authenticity of the reported flooding of the headquarters of the Lands Commission.
The Ghana News Agency sources claimed that hundreds of documents, computers, and scanners in the basement of the edifice were destroyed after Saturday night’s downpour.
The affected documents include; indentures, land maps, and land documents.
Although the weekend’s rain caused a lot of mayhem in various parts of the Greater Accra Region, some netizens are finding it hard to believe that the premises of the Lands Commission could also be flooded.
Rain knows nothing about this. 😂😂😂😂 https://t.co/kuXwdeGA5i— Joe Sack 💜 (@joesacky) May 23, 2022
The justification for their skepticism is that over the past few weeks, these social media users have been accusing some government officials of attempting to illegally acquire lands at the Achimota Forest Reserve.
Even before the dust settled, another jaw-dropping discovery was unearthed in the will of the former Chief Executive of the Forestry Commission, the late Kwadwo Owusu Afriyie.
In the 12-page document, it emerged that the politician, popularly known as, Sir John, owned some parcels of land in the Forest Reserve which he has passed on to inheritors forever.
We aren’t surprised. We saw it coming https://t.co/wRSm34ScmM— G Ten Hag 🔴🗯 (@Mr_Dowuonah) May 23, 2022
As netizens gradually assimilate this news and the story of the Lands Commission getting flooded popped up, it has become difficult for them to accept that it is just another disaster.
How can you tell me this story? https://t.co/Fi2pghtXOM— viola🎨🔮 (@violatheeartist) May 23, 2022
The users believe that the flooding is just part of the scheme to cover up the illegalities perpetrated by some politicians.
Lmao ….something fishy 🐠— TopDon (@Dboszantwi) May 23, 2022
Issabout to go downnn😂😂😂😂😂 https://t.co/tPzFG6glkD
Have the Achimota Forest lands documents been digitized yet? It’s quite a wild coincident. But cool. https://t.co/7fh2KnnxRk— Kenneth Awotwe Darko (@TheKennethDarko) May 23, 2022
Land documents suddenly on the verge of being lost…— homieboy17 (@Drew_When) May 23, 2022
Just when acres of land are being distributed among gov’t family members..
Them go bake new cake be that. https://t.co/aUkB1lIPU9— roronoa zoro (@adjetei) May 23, 2022
After a prominent politician will’s the state lands to nephew , children and sisters , floods have destroyed documents and computers. Natural disaster has blessed the inheritance he left. https://t.co/syfQ8WX9f0— f-eezee (@ferrarifranklin) May 23, 2022
😂 Naah this be wild https://t.co/heLIog8St1— KALYJAY (@gyaigyimii) May 23, 2022
How can you tell me this? https://t.co/oL3v2kYXh0— efo Edem 🇬🇭 (@imbrakobby) May 23, 2022
The cover up has begun 🤦🏽♂️ https://t.co/Xchr85C6Y5— Mensah (@mensah_voltavi) May 23, 2022
Who else is thinking what I’m thinking ? https://t.co/LYu99LaZm4— King of the Nut (@bbjaphet) May 23, 2022
For a government that prides itself in digitization, this is a slap in the face 🤥 https://t.co/z1kW2qC4BF— Fentuo Tahiru Fentuo (@Fentuo_) May 23, 2022
Wow what a coincidence https://t.co/aH6VfW1IZ3— Ororo Munroe (@Baekarri) May 23, 2022
Naah these people really open mind for we. Ei😂😂😂 https://t.co/vE1JeWrOrk— HENRY (@Dat_sKiNny_BoY) May 23, 2022
- Danadams Pharmaceuticals and CEO in court over alleged fraud and forgery
- Disregard statement declaring Friday, Sept 30 as a holiday – Oyibi Divisional Council
- GFA suspends 2022/23 Ghana Premier League over court injunction
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- Land acquisition: Here is what you missed on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show
- T Bills, short-term securities will not be affected by Ghana’s debt restructuring – US-based Associate Professor
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- We will still be a prime supplier of Mercedes-Benz services in Ghana – Silver Star
- Adidas row: Morocco demands change to Algerian jersey design
- Linguistics Association of Ghana explores ways to make language socially relevant
- Ghana’s export to Burkina Faso increased to $276million in 2021
- Book containing late Prof Mills’ SONA christened “Atta Mills Speaks” launched
- Trevor Noah is leaving ‘The Daily Show’
- Banking sector crisis was not systemic – Alhassan Andani
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- Banking sector crisis: State institutions must raise red flags at the right time – Alhassan Andani
- GRASAG launches Graduate Research Trust Fund
- British Airways flight A380 makes technical stop at KIA
- Ghana, Korea $8 million rice project kicks off in Assin North
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Chief Whip
- We are engaging ECG to fix anomaly with electricity purchase – PURC
- Chinese employer allegedly slashes throat of Ghanaian employee
- SIM re-registration: “Eat your humble pie” – Sam George tells Ursula Owusu