Audio By Carbonatix
Four people have died and 21 are injured after a two-storey building collapsed in Majorca, emergency services say.
Several people are believed to be trapped at the site of the Medusa Beach Club, a beachside restaurant on Cartago Street in Palma de Majorca.
The incident reportedly happened at about 20:30 local time (19:30 BST).
Local emergency services said psychologists have also been called to the scene.
Eyewitness told local media that many of those inside the building at the time of the collapse were tourists. May is the beginning of the busy tourist season in the area.
The mayor of Palma, Jaime Martínez, is said to have travelled to the scene with the Deputy Mayor of Tourism.

Getty Images
The president of the Balearic Islands, Marga Prohens, said she was shocked by the incident and sent her condolences to the victims’ families.
Ms Prohens also thanked the emergency services and Pedro Sánchez, Spain’s Prime Minister, for his support.
The prime minister said he is closely following the incident and said his government is willing to collaborate with “all the means and personnel” needed, in a statement on X.
Majorca is one of Spain’s Balearic Islands, which more than 14 million tourists visited last year according to official figures.

Latest Stories
-
GIBA calls on NCA to review FM coverage restriction directive – GIBA President
2 hours -
Future of Ghana’s media will be defined by AI, digital disruption and regulatory reform – GIBA
2 hours -
Mahama stayed away so Ministers could speak freely – Kwakye Ofosu opens up on Damang Mine Cabinet debate
3 hours -
Kylie Minogue says cancer experience ‘still with me’
3 hours -
Dozens of romance scammers arrested after specialist fraud squad investigation in UK, Nigeria
3 hours -
Ghana to bid farewell to Aps Kwadwo Safo as funeral rites set for July 30
3 hours -
Son of Mango boss arrested over father’s fatal fall from cliff
3 hours -
Video: Moment Arsenal squad found out they were Premier League 2025/26 champions
3 hours -
Starbucks Korea sacks CEO over controversial ‘Tank Day’ promotion
3 hours -
Google to release first smart glasses since Google Glass flop
4 hours -
Two-time winner Alcaraz out of Wimbledon with injury
4 hours -
GSA shuts down 5A Homes for allegedly producing substandard mattresses
4 hours -
Heads of SHSs cite Buffer Stock Company over missing cost details of food supplies
4 hours -
Gov’t breached oil fund law for 5 years, kept $100m cap instead of $584m – PIAC report
4 hours -
Buffer Stock Company says SHS food prices are agreed by stakeholders, denies lack of transparency
4 hours