Four men have been convicted for molesting a 16-year-old teenage boy alleged to have stolen from an agrochemical shop at Asante Akyem Agogo in the Ashanti region.
They are among six suspects arrested for thrusting a stick into the anus of the boy for allegedly breaking into a shop at Agogo Market in July 2021.
A Juaso Circuit Court slapped the four accused persons with jail terms of between 6- months and 5-years.
The accused, according to Police prosecution, were arrested on July 9, 2021.
A Police night patrol team made the arrests after some Police officers in Agogo identified the accused in a viral WhatsApp video.
The victim was seen in that disturbing video crying for help as the accused thrust a stick back and forth into his anus, with both hands of the victim tied at the back as one of the accused stood on his neck.
Police investigations revealed the stick got broken, leaving a piece in the victim’s anus with blood oozing. It was at this point the attackers untied and released him to go.
Video recording of the incident was carried out by one of the accused persons.
The victim was on July 11, 2011 found lying in an uncompleted building where he was saved and sent to Agogo Presbyterian Hospital for treatment. He spent several days on admission at the facility.
Shop owner, Francis Obeng Amoako, 81 years old, was the first to be arrested. He confessed to the crime investigated by Detective Sergeant Justice Daniel Agadzi.
The court, presided by Her Honour Nana Asantewaa Attakora, on February 2, 2023, jailed Francis for six months.
The court also handed a 5-year jail term each to 24-year-old Akwasi Marfo alias Boat, and Prince Asadu, 26, while Boakye Dankwah, 65 years, will serve 6 months behind bars.
Two of the accused persons, Obeng Mensah and Osei Bonsu, were acquitted and discharged.
The court was silent on the teenage victim.
The convicts were transported to the Kumasi Central Prisons to begin their prison term on Saturday, February 3, 2023.
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- We need a hospital built purposely for Members of Parliament – Henry Quartey
- North Dayi District Assembly committed to improving livelihoods of PwDs – DCE
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Enterprise Group PLC appoints Keli Gadzekpo as Group Chairman
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Justice system has not worked for Gyakye Quayson, Assin North constituents – Mahama
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ7k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display