Mr Mawuena Kwasi Amedorme, 31, a Ghanaian textiles designer, has fabricated a batik production machine powered by an electric motor.
Mr Amedorme, a product of Tema Textile Institute, claims the machine is a novelty. Currently, printing of batik in Ghana is done manually.
Mr Amedorme told the Ghana News Agency during the demonstration of the machine that the original invention was made with wooden parts but that could not withstand pressure of work.
He said the current configured metal unit costs 20,000 Ghana cedis and with a capacity to produce 270 bales a month.
The machine is being operated by the Quality Batik Printers Company Limited based in Ho with 80 employees who run two shifts.
Mr Steven Osabutey, Chief Executive Officer of the company, said business prospects were good but some workers wanted labour issues to be regularised to give the company a boost.
Mr Owusu Boadu, a batik tie and dye merchant based in Accra, said the machine would revolutionise the batik business with better quality products.
Mr Selina Yeboah, a batik exporter, said the machine would improve the capacity of exporters to meet orders from abroad.
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Whip
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining firm in Samreboi
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- Support Kirani Ayat amid copyright infringement allegations against GTA – Trigmatic tells creatives
- Hosts Ghana clash with Nigeria in MEA Rugby League Championship final
- BoG must review policy rate increases; economy not responding –Alhassan Andani
- There is no blueprint and formula for identifying football talents in Ghana – Faisal Chibsah
- Prosecution is an attempt to tarnish his reputation – Danadams Pharmaceuticals CEO lawyers
- Thomas Partey included in Arsenal squad to face Tottenham Hotspur
- Woman kills former landlord with hammer, steals $40k through forged checks
- Labour MP suspended, apologises after calling Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng ‘superficially’ black
- Video of alleged ‘galamsey’ men in gun battle with authorities emerges on social media
- GRA set to roll out E-invoicing from tomorrow October 1
- US-based Oakley signs agreement with Benjamin Azamati
- 16 suspects arrested over shooting incident at Asaman Tamfoe
- Ivory Coast raises cocoa farmgate price by 9% for 2022/2023 harvest
- Pact with Rabat is in force and being implemented – Head of Spanish Diplomacy
- Good Morning America celebrates Ghana as host Robin Roberts explores the country