After 25 years in the showbiz industry, popular Ghanaian actress Mercy Aseidu has been recounting how she began her acting career.
“I was a seamstress before I started acting. I got introduced to acting with the help of my godfather Apostle Kwadwo Sarfo. I was part of a small entertainment group; we usually entertain the congregation at church especially at conventions. I used to perform at church conventions,” she said on E-Vibes.
The 50-year-old actress acknowledged the role of Apostle Kwadwo Sarfo as “he pointed out my talent and inspired Mercy and her colleagues to take a chance in acting.”
She told Becky that: “Apostle approached my colleagues and me namely, Agyekoo and Akrobeto to join the concert party crew at the time since that was the same thing they were also into. My Godfather encouraged us by writing a story to help us move forward in our acting career. He said one day it will come in handy.”
The versatile actress added that her career started and she has starred in loads of movies including ‘Obaakofou’, ‘Sumsum’, ‘Aware’, ‘Kakra Yebedie’, ‘Agya Koo Trotro’, ‘Ghana Yonko’, ‘Emma Dodo Kunu’, Divine Prayer, Obi Yaa, Sama Te fie, Old Soldier with ‘Asoreba’ movie introducing her to movie lovers across the globe.
“So I would say since then, I have uncountable movies. The Asore Ba movie introduced me to a wider audience and so far, it is my favorite movie coupled with the ‘I know my Right movie’. I am proud of what I have become over the years,” she explained on JoyNews.
Mercy Asiedu, born 9 May 1971, is a Ghanaian veteran actress who has contributed to the growth of the movie industry. She is also known for the role she played in the 90s Ghanaian stage drama, Concert Party.
She is known as being one of the popular Kumawood actresses starring in several roles in the 2000s.
She began acting when she was a teenager, as part of the Kristo Asafo Concert Party group. She is known for the controversial roles she has played in movies.
E-Vibes is a weekly program that delves into the background of the country’s celebrated personalities who are doing tremendous work in their chosen field of work cutting across sectors.
- Fact-check: Did the NPP promise to build a harbour in Cape Coast?
- ‘I’m on the run until this country shows me there are laws’ – Shatta Wale
- ‘I never promised to build a harbour in Cape Coast’ – Akufo-Addo
- ‘God says we should sing a new song’ not plagiarise – Cindy Thompson to take legal actions against offenders
- A flimsy excuse should not be given for denial of a visa to MPs – Sam George calls out Netherlands Ambassador
- We’re investigating Shatta Wale’s shooting claims – Police
- I lied because people were associating me with politics – Cindy Thompson on ‘Awurade Kasa’
- Funny Face arrested after threatening to kill his baby mama and commit suicide
- Komenda Sugar Factory: Mahama constructed roof before building foundation – Akufo-Addo
- NDC Caucus begin audit of MPs refused visa to establish whether it is linked to anti-LGBTQ+
Isaac Dogboe set for Christopher Diaz challenge on November 20
Man stabs, cuts off penis of friend for taking his nude pictures
Local media not doing enough to project highlife music – Berima Amo
The Big Talent Show Week 3: Contestants dazzle fans with awesome performances in eviction-free week
Liberian President George Weah rewards taxi driver who returned $50k
Four taxi cab robbers jailed 60 years
Prince Yaw Antwi: Homeownership – To build or to buy, the dilemma of the millennial
Finance Minister must account for ¢1.26bn accrued from Price Stabilisation and Recovery Levy
LGBTQ+ Bill: I see no right in life to use ‘exits as entries’ – Mikki Osei Berko
Blackmail: Fans react as alleged intimate video of Tiwa Savage, lover surfaces
Seaweed smothering beaches along the coast of Western Region
Government will not scrap taxes and levies imposed on petroleum products – Deputy Energy Minister
Cut taxes further on petroleum price build-up – Government told
Why Samini thinks IGP won’t be laughing at Shatta Wale’s expensive joke
Jude Bellingham: The teenager at the forefront of England’s future