The Ghana Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists (GAMLS) has called on government to speed up the processes of acquiring rapid molecular test kits to equip about 15 facilities to enable them to test for coronavirus in Ghana.
A statement signed by the Association’s Public Relations Officer, Dr Dennis Adu-Gyasi noted that the continuous reliance on Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research (NMIMR) and Kumasi Centre for Collaborative Research in Tropical Medicine (KCCR) alone is too risky.
Therefore, the need for more testing centres to handle the countries should there be a spike in the number of cases recorded, the statement said.
“With the report of cases from community transmissions (cases detected among people without travel history), it has become necessary to actively search for cases in areas with detected cases to facilitate directions on isolation, quarantine, management and possible gradual lockdown.”
Read the full statement below:
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: 5 die after eating waakye
- Patience Ozokwor explains why she didn’t remarry after husband’s death
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- Court orders for pregnancy test of woman convicted in ¢50k theft before sentence
- Ghanaian students on government scholarship stranded in UK over delayed stipend
- 4 persons injured in ghastly accident on Accra-Kumasi Highway
- Full Report: Technical Committee on exclusion of individual bondholders from Debt Exchange Programme
- Classroom Mothers: Schoolgirl donating blood discovers she’s 3 months pregnant
- Individual bondholders petition Togbe Afede over Domestic Debt Exchange Programme
- Ghana’s reserves ended 2022 at 2.7 months of import cover; but trade surplus hits $2.75bn
- IMF presses Ghana to stop borrowing from its central bank
- Cedi depreciated by 19.1% to dollar in January 2023 – BoG
- A Google employee of 11 years and his wife shell-shocked over retrenchment
- Ghana’s public debt stood at ¢575.7bn in November 2022 – BoG
- There is a need for proper accountability of climate change funds – Dr Segtub
- Playback: Joy Prime’s BMPS Show: Is flirting disrespectful to your partner?
- What if Muntaka is appointed party’s campaign manager – NDC Executive Member on Minority leadership shake-up
- #SomethingWickedAwards live on Hitz FM
- Climate change funds should be used more for adaptation and mitigation efforts – Penplusbytes
- 1 suspect arrested in Krofrom gang attack
- Only 1 person died from suspected food poisoning at Oyibi – FDA
- UMB launches 2 new life insurance products with SIC Life
- Gang burns down six-bedroom house in reprisal attack at Krofrom
- 7 shot dead at Jerusalem synagogue