The Ghana Enterprises Agency will be opening an online portal for the application of the second phase of the Covid-19 grant for Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs) with a wider reach that could not be covered in the first phase.
The second phase which is targeting about 400 SMEs is aimed at disbursing some $5 million as support to businesses suffering from the impact of the pandemic.
This is coming after a successful implementation of the first module which benefited almost 400 businesses.
There have been an additional $5 million to be granted to the SMEs.
Chief Executive of the Agency, Kosi Yankey-Ayeh, told journalists that the impact of the previous scheme was very positive.
“We have received positive feedback from beneficiaries of the previous one [programme] and that gives us the confidence that the people who are benefiting from the programme will make an impact in the economy. We are looking for viable businesses that can be able to create jobs and expand as well.”
“In the second phase, we want to expand the reach, with some concentration on women-led and export businesses”, she added.
As part of measures to increase the awareness of the second scheme, the agency has been engaging some businesses at a forum in Accra.
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Organisers of demonstrations must respect the law – Gary Nimako
- Ghana is in a leadership crisis; African leaders lack consciousness – Prof Adu-Gyamfi
- NPP flagbearer race: Bawumia suspends campaign over ongoing limited registration exercise
- Sharaf Mahama celebrates 26th birthday with donation and reading session with kids
- I’m not the 3rd richest man in Ghana – Dr Kwame Addo-Kufuor
- Desist from registering JHS 1 and 2 students for BECE – Public school heads warned
- Bob Menendez steps down as US Senate foreign relations chairman after indictment
- MohBad mourners teargassed at Nigeria’s Lekki toll gate after Lagos concert
- Ethiopian Prince Alemayehu’s lock of hair returned after 140 years in UK
- US senator Bob Menendez charged with bribery after wads of cash and gold bars found at home
- GPL 2023/24: Bofoakwa Tano score late to beat RTU at home
- Sudan war: Army chief Burhan claims he’s ready for peace talks
- Livestream: Newsfile discusses #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest and OSP-Cecilia saga
- Former Bantama MP, Okyem Aboagye dead
- Mahama Ayariga condemns killing of 9 in highway ambush at Pusiga