The Education Minister, Mathew Opoku Prempeh has asked the Ghana Football Association (GFA) to submit a proposal on how the two bodies can effectively collaborate to make football part of the educational system of the country.
This follows a courtesy call on the minister by President of the Ghana Football Association (GFA), Kurt E.S Okraku on Tuesday, May 26, 2020.
Mr. Opoku Prempeh was who excited by the approach by the GFA and the visit asked them to as soon as possible submit a proposal for consideration.
The meeting between two bodies discussed possible areas of investments, the establishment of a football academy, higher education for footballers, and the improvement of the annual inter-schools and college competition.
It also discussed how the two bodies can make football but of education, to ensure that children pursue football to the highest level without a negative impact on education.
Mr. Okraku was accompanied by the Executive Council member Samuel Anim Addo, Western Regional Football Association Chairman Simon Ehomah, and Samuel Aboabire, the Chairman of the Greater Accra Regional Football Association.
- World Bank classifies Ghana as high debt distressed country; debt to GDP to hit 104%
- In pictures: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng
- ‘Suck a breast within October’ – Health expert advises men
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- Child Rights International places ¢10k bounty on head of man flogging toddler in viral video
- President’s son loses army post after Twitter spree
- Pay compensation to affected customers – PURC orders ECG
- Joy News’ Joojo Cobbinah, NGO sue government over River Offin menstruation taboo
- 25 killed as bus plunges into gorge in India
- GFA launches Talent Identification and Development Programme
- Illegal miners torture suspected thieves on site
- Suicide is never an option – Funny Face
- #NoToGalamsey:The pledge to put my presidency on the line wasn’t bombast or recklessness – Akufo-Addo
- 2014 World Cup was problematic – Kwesi Nyantakyi
- Driving Schools Association to collaborate with MTTD to clamp down on unregistered drivers
- GOIL donates hospital beds to Asuom Health Centre in Eastern region
- Government not against mining but can’t accept ones that destroy our country – Akufo-Addo
- My government is yet to win galamsey fight – Akufo-Addo
- Global Citizen Festival was successful because of risks taken by organisers – Social Director
- Auctioning of vehicles at Tema Port to go online by end of October, 2022- GRA
- Schools and hospitals in Tetegu shutdown due to flooding situation
- #NoToGalamsey: We have not got the result I was looking for – Akufo-Addo on galamsey fight
- ‘Kotoko and Hearts of Oak collapsed fund meant to support Ghanaian clubs in Africa’- Nyantakyi