A Ghanaian musician was stripped off his pants during an encounter with soldiers.
In a video that has gone viral, the up-and-coming singer, Theo Versace was seen surrounded by some military men after they saw him wearing military camo pants.
While standing by his car, they demanded he takes off his pants in the middle of the street.
The singer, who gave up his pants reluctantly, later got into his car and drove off after the encounter.
This comes after the Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) commenced a series of exercises to curb the unlawful sale and use of military-pattern uniforms and accoutrements following their continuous use by persons and institutions, who have not been permitted to do so.
They noted that the exercise is mostly targeted at people who use the uniforms to impersonate the military.
The GAF explained that the acts by such persons tarnish the image they have sought to build and also create a false sense of insecurity in the country.
“(The) GAF will not allow this situation to persist and will henceforth step up the arrests of these persons and deal with them drastically but in accordance with the due process of the law,” part of the statement read.
- Asantehene insists chiefs cannot be blamed for galamsey activities
- ‘My husband either reaches Europe or dies at sea’
- ‘The empty headedness of the youth was good enough to vote you into power’ – Senyo Hosi to KT Hammond
- The activities of Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm are illegal – John Jinapor
- PBC Ltd CEO, Richard Akuoko Adiyiah dead
- Burkina Faso unrest: Military officers remove leader Damiba
- We do not deploy soldiers to provide security for mining firms – Armed Forces
- ECG extends weekend working hours due to vending challenges
- Galamsey fight: DCEs must get fired – John Awuah
- There is evidence to show some NPP top officials are into illegal mining – John Jinapor
- Patrons at Luv Fm Habitat Fair impressed with quality of event
- Count On Crops Hub equips 32 Agric Extension Officers with data collection skills
- Government fails to announce new farmgate price for cocoa despite start of season
- 2023 CHAN: Black Galaxies face Morocco, Madagascar and Sudan in Group C
- Fight against galamsey must be above partisan politics – Samuel Jinapor
- Customers can purchase electricity credits from Oct. 2 – ECG
- Arsenal beat Tottenham to go four points clear
- Aubameyang scores as Potter gets first Chelsea win
- Faisal Chibsah: From starting coaching career as volunteer to heading FIFA High-Performance specialist role for Africa
- Genser deal: We’re developing a Trojan horse to cannibalise all state enterprises in the energy sector – Ben Boakye
- Policymakers must ensure Ghana does not return to current economic situation – Dr. Twumasi-Baffuor
- Let the public know your innovations – Dr. Addo Kufuor charges tertiary institutions
- Over 1000 shops flooded at Kumasi Central Market; traders blame Contracta for the mess
- Orange Corners Ghana celebrates graduation of 45 entrepreneurs
- UT’s loans in less than 48 hours saved many businesses from collapse – Amoabeng