The Ghana Institution of Engineering (GhIE) has scheduled March 27, 2023 to April 1, 2023 for its 53rd Annual General Meeting and Conference at the Best Western Plus Atlantic Hotel in Takoradi.
Under the theme: “Resilient Engineering for National Development”, the AGM and Conference is expected to attract Engineers from all over Ghana and Africa.
There will be technical presentation of papers on the conference sub-themes, panel session and networking opportunities.
According to the President of GhIE, Rev. Prof. Ing. Charles Anum Adams, the Conference theme seeks to explore how engineering practitioners merge their knowledge and innovation to engineer and construct projects to withstand the test of time, incorporating and balancing costs through the life cycle of the project.
Throwing more light on the upcoming event, the Executive Director of the GhIE, Ing. David Nyante explained that the theme has been divided into sub-themes covering areas such as City Planning, Housing and Flooding Challenges; Sustainable Infrastructure Development (Energy, Roads, Water, etc), Engineering Education for Resilient Development. Other sub-themes include: Ethical Engineering Practices, Sustainable Mining Practices, Financing Sustainable Projects and Women in Engineering for Sustainable Development.
The GhIE Executive Director said technical project papers and presentations are expected to be made by Engineers whose abstracts have been accepted and papers submitted for the respective sub-themes.
Ing. Nyante reiterated that nine Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points will be credited to any GhIE member who attends the Conference this year.
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- Parliament approves all six ministerial nominees
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- Minority MPs oppose approval of 2 Supreme Court Justice nominees
- Playback: MPs voting on approval of Akufo-Addo’s ministerial appointees
- Akufo-Addo laughs over Volta Regional Minister’s new nickname- ‘Triple 66’
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- ‘I’ll direct that your hand be cut off one day’ – Speaker teases Afenyo-Markin
- We’ve had positive talks with China over $1.7bn debt – Finance Minister
- 2023 AFCONQ: Ghana 1-0 Angola: Player Ratings – Partey shines, Mensah struggles
- U23 AFCON 2023Q: Black Meteors held to 1-1 draw in Algeria
- Principal fired after Florida students shown Michelangelo statue
- Vatican returns Parthenon sculptures to Greece
- Chad nationalises assets belonging to Exxon Mobile
- NPP Bono Regional Organizer supports TESCON with 200k
- Mbappe scores in France heavy win over Netherlands
- This woman left her AirPods on a plane. She tracked them to an airport worker’s home
- Cedi depreciates by 22.1% in March 2023 – BoG
- I am not ready to die – Bagbin says as he calls for adjournment of prolonged sitting
- Ghana’s debt unchanged at ¢575.7bn – BoG
- Government makes additional payment for outstanding coupons
- Speaker congratulates approved ministerial nominees
- Playback: One-on-one with Prof Ofori Birikorang on PM Express
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- 1.4 million tons of food are lost annually along the food chain