A disagreement between two goldsmiths turned bloody when one shot the other at Ashanti New Town K.O., a suburb of Kumasi on Wednesday.
The victim, Kofi Brentuo is said to be in critical condition after one Nana Asamoah reportedly fired at him three times at close range.
He was rushed to nearby Manhyia Hospital but was referred to Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital.
It is unclear what the con triggered the confrontation but eye-witnesses suspect it is work-related as Nana Asamoah pulled a gun in Brentuo’s shop.
Personnel from Manhyia Police Divisional Command were called immediately to restore order as some supporters of Brentuo attempted a reprisal attack.
An eye- witness and resident of K.O, Nana Kwabena Ntansuo who helped sent the victim first to the Manhyia Hospital says he was awakened by the sound of three gunshots.
“I was awoken from sleep by sounds of three gunshots. I followed up and saw the man who had been shot almost on the ground so I advised he be sent to hospital immediately. We quickly rushed him there in a taxi,” he narrated in Twi.
According to him, the two goldsmiths whose shops are not far from each other, have disagreements over a gold deal.
“I heard they had disagreement over gold. He was falling over when I got to the scene. Police personnel have been looking for traces of blood but there is none here,” he said.
Police are yet to arrest the suspect.
The incident comes just hours after police declared a spiritualist wanted over the death of Otumfuo’s Asamponhene, Nana Kwadwo Afoduo.
- University of Ghana wins $165 million judgement debt case
- Ghanaian musician stripped off pants by military men
- GRA queries Customs Staff Association Secretary for participating in JoyNews discussion ‘without approval’
- Heir apparent to Yaa Naa Mahama Abubakari Mahama II passes on
- It does not make sense any longer to buy treasury bills – Prof Lord Mensah
- BoG increases policy rate to 22%; cost of borrowing to shoot up significantly
- Pastor cries on TV for forgiveness from best friend he accused of sleeping with his wife
- Key directors, management of UT and Capital banks prosecuted for criminal offences – EOCO, BoG report
- NPP writes to Alan Kyerematen, Adorye summoned over ‘Aduro Wo So Health Walk’
- BoG uncovers ¢116.7m untraceable investments of collapsed MFCs, S&Ls and Finance House firms
eCedi will not be operated on blockchain technology – BoG
7 arrested for allegedly killing 2 over witchcraft accusation
Bright Simons: Is the Bank of Ghana losing the plot?
Imprisonment of fishers will be enacted in our laws – Fisheries Minister
Former beauty queen Penelope Jones-Mensah supports Dzelukope
Reggae music is not dead – Ras Kuuku
Always have faith in what you do – Sarkodie inspires fans with throwback pictures
Boy, 16, drowns after allegedly insulting river god
Japan urges its young people to drink more to boost economy
Increasing policy rate will not bring down rising inflation – Financial Advisor
As Ghana gets poorer, Ofori-Atta’s Databank gets richer – KKD fumes at company’s role as advisors for some loan transactions
Leave Otto Addo to take a decision on Asamoah Gyan – Elvis Afriyie Ankrah
It is not too late to review Free SHS to ensure quality – Mahama to government
Increasing policy rate to 22% good but cap government borrowing – Finance lecturer to BoG
Life’s turbulence presents opportunity to become better – McKorley charges students