The Minister for Works and Housing, Francis Asenso-Boakye says government is committed to completing stalled housing projects in the country.
“Government has resolved to complete all existing and stalled projects within the short term while implementing other medium to long term strategies that will ultimately increase access to adequate, safe, secure and affordable housing options for the low to middle income groups in the country,” he said.
He gave the assurance at the press briefing in Accra on Sunday.
The Bantama MP said government is pursuing all available options for the completion of all stalled housing projects including the Saglemi Housing Project.
He stressed, however, that government will not renege on its duty to ensure that Ghanaians obtain value-for-money in housing projects.
It is estimated that 60% of Ghana’s population need some form of government assistance to support them access housing while 35% will not be able to access housing even with government support.
But, responding to these statistics, the Minister said government is putting in place measures to address the country’s housing deficit.
He said plans have progressed further towards establishing the Ghana Housing Authority that will help complement the National Housing and Mortgage Fund activities in addressing the challenges of the housing market in the country.
- Government to face difficult refinancing options in repaying maturing T-Bills – Report
- Ayew brothers dropped as Inaki Williams starts for Black Stars in Nicaragua clash
- 3rd-year Mechanical Engineering student tells story of how he begged for a plate of food
- Aisha Huang denied bail again as judge calls on judiciary to help save water bodies
- Fatawu Issahaku scores debut goal as Black Stars record narrow win over Nicaragua
- Luv News uncovers degradation of Tano Nimri Forest Reserve
- ‘Nicaragua won’t be as tough as Brazil’ – Otto Addo
- Pressure mounts on government to scrap SIM re-registration deadline
- Samuel Boadu leaves Hearts of Oak by mutual termination
- Kirani Ayat calls out Akufo-Addo, Tourism Ministry after promo video featured shots from his ‘Guda’ visuals
- IMF sounds alarm on UK tax cut plans
- Malawi’s John Chilembwe gets statue in London’s Trafalgar Square
- Medical and Dental Council’s directive only applies to students who are yet to graduate – Dr. Banyubala
- We provided opportunities for medical students from Ukraine to enroll in Ghanaian universities – Dr. Banyubala
- Galamsey takes over rice farms in Upper Denkyira East
- Claims GNPC is causing financial loss to the state in Genser deal misleading – Deputy Energy Minister
- The Council from 2017 had issues with medical training from certain parts of the world – Dr. Banyubala
- Police investigate drowning of Officer at Sefwi Amoaya
- Bui Power Authority committed to harnessing football talents within its enclave – Management
- Andre Ayew becomes Ghana’s joint most capped player alongside Asamoah Gyan
- West Africa Crypto and Fintech summit held in Accra
- Sthenjwa Luthuli explores freedom and social restriction in Imbewu Yokhokho exhibition
- Global Citizen Festival: Dancegod Lloyd couldn’t join us on stage because he was unavailable – DWP Academy’s Afrobeast
- Livestream: PM Express discusses the dilemma of Ghanaian medical students from Ukraine
- Player Ratings: Black Stars beat Nicaragua in Spain