Some notable places in the Greater Accra Region have been flooded following today’s downpour.
The affected places include the Tema Station Junction and Osu.
At the Tema Station Junction, there is heavy gridlock as vehicles struggle to move through the flood.
Video footage from the Ghana News Agency also showed several vehicles stuck in the flood.
However, personnel of the Motor Traffic and Transport Department of the Ghana Police Service are yet to arrive at the scene to assist the commuting public.
Also, parts of Osu are flooded with some areas almost submerged by the floods.
Another footage from the Ghana News Agency showed shops flooded and some vehicles stuck.
Meanwhile, some Ghanaians have taken to social media to share how the Wednesday downpour has affected them.
Floods today too? Then it’s really raining in Accra. Please be safe— Hon. Cisca 🇬🇭 (@naa_yorks) June 15, 2022
BREAKING NEWS , My House Is Beginning To Flood || Accra || pic.twitter.com/UGoaWb4aMS— West-Coast Certified (@CrakkDj) June 15, 2022
E start dey flood for Accra Central— ich_bin_krass (@KhJrSly) June 15, 2022
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Watch Daddy Lumba break down his hit song ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- I am still receiving threats from people on social media – KiDi
- Exclusive photos: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- Kwesi Yankah: Dear Ace Ankomah, the Birim River is gone
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- Somalia drought: So weak from hunger she couldn’t bury her child
- Journalists urged to build regional cooperation in the fight against human trafficking
- Akufo-Addo won’t declare a state of emergency -Dr. Norman
- Our leaders are either complicit or incompetent – Ken Ashigbey on galamsey
- I’m not expecting much from Hearts of Oak in Africa because of inconsistency – Amankwa Mireku
- We’re long past the state of emergency – Kofi Bentil on galamsey
- Elon Musk Twitter deal back on in surprise U-turn
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- I’m a record-breaker, but they hate to project it – Zahara says of critics
- I am grateful to Asantehene and other chiefs for protecting Dr. Bawumia – Nayiri
- Nigerian child killed in ‘bullet-proof’ charm test
- 95% of human trafficking survivors in shelter homes are Nigerians – Gender Ministry
- From the streets to Mandela’s feet – Zahara tells her story
- Small Scale Miners unhappy with Lands Ministry handling of Wontumi’s mining firm
- Livestream: PM Express discusses ‘Galamsey’