Ghanaian singer/songwriter Gyakie has been awarded at the 2022 edition of Nigeria’s Headies Awards.
The event organised over the weekend, saw Gyakie take home the Best West African Artiste of the Year award.
She beat stiff competition from Angelique Kidjo (Benin), Amaarae (Ghana), KiDi (Ghana), Aya Nakamura (Mali) and Nelson Freitas (Cape Verde).
Gyakie’s popularity soared in Nigeria following the success of her single ‘Foerever’. She later released a remix with Omah Lay.
Meanwhile, the 15th Headies Awards was held on Sunday at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre in Atlanta, Georgia, United States.
The event was hosted by Nollywood actress Osas Ighodaro and Hollywood Actor Anthony Andersen, with live performances from Adekunle Gold, Ladipoe, Tiwa Savage, Joeboy, Flavour and others.
Sweeping the most awards at the ceremony is Afrobeats star Wizkid. The singer won five awards including Best Afrobeat Album(Made in Lagos) and Album of the year (Made in Lagos-Deluxe Edition).
His global hit single ‘Essence’ featuring Tems, won the Best Collaboration, Best R&B Single and Song of the Year awards.
On the other hand, Burna Boy received the Best Male Artiste and Best African Artist of the Year awards.
Davido won the Digital Artist of the Year and Humanitarian Award of the year.
See full list of winners below:
See the full list of winners below:
Best Rap Album – Olamide (Carpe Diem)
Best Collaboration – Wizkid feat. Tems (Essence)
Best R ‘n’ B Single – Wizkid feat. Tems (Essence)
Album of the Year – Wizkid (Made in Lagos (Deluxe Edition)
Best Afrobeat Album – Wizkid (Made in Lagos)
Songwriter of the Year – Adekunle Gold (Sinner).
Best Music Video – TG Omori (Champion – Fireboy DML feat. D Smoke)
Artiste of the Year – Burna Boy (Nigeria)
Best Male Artiste – Burna Boy
Digital Artiste of the Year – Davido
Humanitarian Award of the Year – Davido
Best Recording of the Year – Patoranking
Best East African Artist of the Year – Diamond Platinumz
Best West African Artist of the year – Gyakie
Best North African Artist of the year – Latifa
Best Southern African Artist of the year – Focalistic
- T-bills, individual bond holders exempted from Domestic Debt Exchange – Ofori-Atta
- Bright Simons: Ghana begins its dance with creditors
- Debt Exchange Programme is key requirement for IMF deal – Ofori-Atta
- We’ll not accept Ofori-Atta’s debt restructuring – Minority
- Playback: Ofori-Atta launches Domestic Debt Exchange amid financial crisis
- Proposed debt exchange programme will bring some confidence into economy – Dr. Addison
- Increment in VAT is inappropriate at this time – Ghana Chamber of Commerce CEO
- There was no approach from Ghana to play for Black Stars – Danny Welbeck
- How individual mistakes cost Black Stars a round of 16 World Cup slot
- Current system not effective enough to mobilise more revenue – Gyan-Quansah
- Christmas starts early at Labadi Beach Hotel
- Prof. Kwesi Yankah: The curse of penalties: Dede Ayew
- 2022 World Cup: Players gave their all – Otto Addo on Black Stars exit
- We expect to reach a Staff-Level Agreement with IMF soon
- Young girls exchanging sex for sanitary pad – Eco-Me Africa
- Playback: NDC outlines modalities ahead of 10th National Delegates Congress
- SEND Ghana requests government to clarify intended increase in LEAP
- We’re shocked Akufo-Addo watched World Cup in Qatar despite economic crisis – Minority
- Carruthers Tetteh: Educating Persons Living with Disabilities in Ghana: Predicaments and Solutions
- VOICE Ghana charges government to build an inclusive society for PWDs
- Nigerian artistes make sacrifices and investments to attain global recognition – Harrysong
- Woman shot as armed robbers attack Awutu Bereku residents
- Qatar 2022: Black Stars will be back hungrier than ever – Elisha Owusu
- 25 teams in Ashanti region progress to final stage of GSTEP challenge
- Constituents of Asante Akyem North debunk MP’s claims of functioning 1D1F factory