Audio By Carbonatix
The Ministry of Health says Ghana’s health sector has significantly recovered from what it describes as a previously dire condition, following sustained government interventions.
According to the Public Relations Officer of the Ministry, Tony Goodman, the sector was in a poor state before the assumption of office by the current government, but has since seen notable improvements.
Speaking on JoyNews on Tuesday during the Amalgam of Professional Bodies’ Speakers Series, Mr Goodman said renewed investments and policy reforms have helped revive healthcare delivery across the country.
“Currently, the health sector as it is now, I can say it has resurrected. It used to be in a comatose state,” he stated.
He noted that the government has channelled considerable effort and resources into strengthening the system to ensure effective and accessible healthcare delivery.
Mr Goodman highlighted the introduction of Mahama Cares, a flagship initiative aimed at tackling non-communicable diseases (NCDs), as one of the key interventions contributing to the sector’s revival.
He further revealed that the government is considering the rollout of a free primary healthcare policy to enhance preventive, promotive, and curative health services nationwide.
According to him, the proposed initiative is expected to improve early disease detection, reduce healthcare costs, and strengthen Ghana’s overall health outcomes.
Latest Stories
-
Youth unemployment remains government’s biggest challenge — Asiedu Nketia
4 minutes -
Cost of borrowing projected to increase despite policy rate hold – banks
6 minutes -
Guardiola to leave Man City after 10 years as boss
10 minutes -
Carrick confirmed as Man Utd permanent manager
15 minutes -
Photos: Parliament reconvenes, opens second meeting of ninth parliament
16 minutes -
Aisha Bengai challenges young women to prioritise business investment over luxury spending
21 minutes -
AMA donates streetlights to improve security and trading conditions at Kantamanto Market
26 minutes -
Registrar of Companies set to delist 318 companies over compliance breaches
28 minutes -
NDC’s Ako Gunn dismisses NPP petition against judge as bid for political relevance
29 minutes -
National Ambulance Service rejects claims that EMTs are poorly trained
32 minutes -
Fire destroys part of cargo truck near Konongo fuel station
38 minutes -
2026 World Cup: No Foden, Trent and Palmer as Tuchel names England squad for tournament
40 minutes -
See the areas that will be affected by ECG’s planned maintenance on Friday May 22
51 minutes -
Ronaldo scores twice to seal Saudi Pro League at last with Al-Nassr
55 minutes -
SSNIT clarifies hotel advertisement, denies sale reports
1 hour