President of the World Lottery Association (WLA), Rebecca Paul has described the Director-General of the National Lottery Authority (NLA), Sammi Awuku, as an amazing gentleman.
She observed that Ghana’s NLA Boss is good at what he does and therefore not surprised that he has been able to woo heads of the various lottery bodies across the globe to Ghana for the NLA’s 60th anniversary.
Akufo-Addo commends NLA for its ‘Good Causes’ project
Madam Paul does not regret her collaboration with the NLA and underscored its significance to the world lottery body in pursuing ‘Good Causes’, among others.
“Ghana is very important to the World Lottery Association. Your contributions are immeasurable. The welcome we have received from you, particularly the NLA has been amazing. Congratulations Sammi Awuku, an amazing gentleman”, she revealed at the grand durbar of NLA at 60
“As I walked in and saw the pictures of the past CEOs of the NLA, I was pleased and appreciative of the corporation with Sammi”, she added.
The historic celebration last weekend attracted the President of the World Lottery Association, Rebecca Paul, an American; General Secretary, Lynne Roiter, a Canadian; African Lotteries Association (ALA) President, Dramane Coulibaly from Ivory Coast and Younnes El- Mechrafi, General Secretary of ALA.
Over 80 foreign guests from North America, Europe, Caribbean and Africa were also in attendance for the celebration.
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Black Stars: 5 things we learned from the two games against Angola
- Playback: Kamala Harris addressed Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- ‘It was too big a risk to start him’- Hughton on Thomas Partey against Angola
- Treason trial: Court demands death certificate of Dr Mac-Palm
- Ghana is important to the US – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Gold Mafia: Kenyan once honoured with ‘Lifetime Africa Achievement’ uncovered as Africa’s foremost gold smuggler
- Why Ebo Whyte’s ‘Just The Tip’ is a ‘maybe’
- You can’t intervene in anti-LGBTQ+ bill; you’re not in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo
- Tarkwa Rotary Club conducts medical screening for inmates of Tarkwa prisons
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- GhLA CEO Hayford Siaw honoured by global philanthropy organisation, Reach for Change
- World Water Day: Youth engagement maximized to achieve SDG 6
- Livestream: PM Express discusses US-Ghana relations
- Hey please! I am in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo over anti-LGBTQ+ bill
- Bole-Bamboi MP calls for rerun of the election that approved six ministerial nominees
- ‘He devoted himself to the Danquah-Dombo-Busia tradition’ – Akufo-Addo eulogises late Kumawu MP
- ECG disconnects Ghana Post Accra branch over GH¢89,000 debt
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- We have a very good candidate in Dr. Duffour – Fritz Bafour