Noble Daniel Awume has been approved as the Municipal Chief Executive (MCE) for Hohoe Municipality.
The 41-year-old Regional Deputy Director of Youth Empowerment Agency (YEA) hopes to build on the successes of his predecessor, Teddy Ofori.
According to Mr Awume, Hohoe has seen progress in the past four years through its Member of Parliament, John Peter Amewu, the Regional Minister, Dr Archibald Yao Letsa and the former MCE, Teddy Ofori.
However “like Oliver Twist, our people are looking up to us for basic needs like water, education, health employment and many more and my aim is to make sure that the needs of the people are met.”
Mr Noble Daniel Awume promised to make sure that women are given equal rights and opportunities. According to him, his door would always be opened for the people of Hohoe.
He, therefore, urged the staff and assembly members to assist him to achieve the success the municipality needs.
“Honourable assembly members, we are in this together and I need your energy, directions and support because we cannot succeed in the assembly without you so please let’s make Hohoe work better for the good of our people.”
Meanwhile, Mr Awume has expressed gratitude to President Akufo-Addo for the confidence reposed in him and assured to make him proud.
He also thanked the Regional Minister, Dr Archibald Yao Letsa and the regional Chairman for the New Patriotic Party, Makafui Kofi Wornya and other party executives for their support.
On his part, Dr Archibald Yao Letsa admonished the Assembly members to assist the new MCE so there could be development in the area.
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 3 more people
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- We will still be a prime supplier of Mercedes-Benz services in Ghana – Silver Star
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining firm in Samreboi
- Cedi registers unprecedented weekly decline in trading as dollar demand surges
- Blunt thoughts: Shady contracts, a broken economy and Akufo-Addo being booed – Writings on the Wall?
- Take risk; do not be afraid to fail – Kofi Amoabeng to youth
- ‘Everything was working well for me in 2010’ – Asamoah Gyan on best year of his career
- Eddie Cudjoe: Optimising electricity use for business profitability
- In pictures: Tears flow as murdered nurse applicant’s body arrives in her hometown
- First trailer for Johnny Depp and Amber Heard trial movie ‘Hot Take’ Drops
- Illegal mining, lack of fertilisers risk undercutting 2022/2023 cocoa yields in Ghana – Redd Intelligence
- Increase Producer Price of cocoa to ¢838 to alleviate farmers plight – GCCP
- Shut door on Ghanaians having Ghana card but yet to re-register SIM card – Communications Ministry urged
- Meghan Markle wanted to live in Windsor Castle and be seen as a princess, royal expert claims
- Nespresso premieres new boutique concept in Accra at Marina Mall
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Trevor Noah is leaving ‘The Daily Show’
- Afghan blast kills 19 teenagers sitting practice exam
- Edmund Addo returns to Sheriff Tiraspol after botched summer transfer