Insurance group, Hollard Ghana has donated Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to the Western Region Ghana Private Road Transport Union (GPRTU).
The company has also embarked on an awareness campaign on regional radio and TV.
The presentation was made by the Regional Branch Manager, Isdor Oheneba in the presence of Samuel Kojo Essel, Business Development Officer and Benjamin Ackah, Hollard Life Manager.
It was received by Western Region GPRTU Advisor, George Senkyere at a socially distanced handover held at their office.
Mr Oheneba, speaking to the company’s motivation to donate the PPEs said, “The GPRTU is a vital player in the transportation industry. We believe equipping them with nose masks and hand sanitisers will ensure that their drivers are protected.
“In turn, this will safeguard their passengers and curtail the spread of the Covid-19.”
Receiving the items, the GPRTU Advisor, Senkyere thanked Hollard Ghana for the kind gesture and promised the PPE will be utilised properly.
“We’re grateful to Hollard for thinking about our safety at this time. In addition to the PPEs, we shall continue to enforce the Health Ministry’s Covid-19 safety directives to wash hands frequently, reduce the number of passengers per bus and insist on mask-wearing,” he said.
Further to Hollard Ghana’s efforts to fight the virus in the Western Region, the insurance company has embarked on a public awareness campaign hosted on West Gold 106.3 FM and Sky TV.
The campaign features engagements with radio presenters, resource persons, and callers with tips and Frequently Asked Questions and Answers on COVID-19 to dispel misconceptions and share precautionary measures.
Listeners who correctly answer questions on Covid-19 safety protocols are rewarded with PPEs.
The PPE donation and awareness campaign come as Hollard Ghana’s Life Insurance subsidiary, Hollard Life Assurance announced a free Covid-19 cover for all its existing and new customers on individual and group policies.
Hollard Ghana combines its deep local knowledge of the market with the world-class expertise of an international insurance brand.
- Takoradi woman faked pregnancy and kidnap – Regional Minister
- Fugees announce reunion tour, Ghana listed among countries
- Ablakwa to file another urgent question in Parliament over Akufo-Addo’s ‘extravagant’ foreign trips
- Police interdicts 4 officers who assaulted Tamale residents over illegal connection
- Provisional census results peg Ghana’s population at 30.8m – Statistical Service
- Kohwe was not my brother – George Laing clarifies
- Police deny NPP executives’ bail request for 12 arrested protestors in North East Region
- Peugeot Landtrek Double Cabin 4×4 vehicle launched; assembling of Peugeot vehicles in Ghana to begin in March 2022
- Suspected thief made to weed acres of land as punishment at Bibiani
- Takoradi missing woman: Neighbours, husband dispute Regional Minister’s claim she faked pregnancy, kidnap
Guinea coup: Military junta willing to see to Condé’s release – Akufo-Addo
‘Vaccines as a tool for immigration control is retrogressive’ – Akufo-Addo
Absa Group to Implement Second Significant B-BBEE Transaction
Musician Kaakyire Kwame Appiah enstooled Benkumhene Of Bosomtwe Asaman
Suaman youth shower praise on Akufo-Addo for DCE appointment
Izwe Savings and Loans rewards customers and staff at its 10th anniversary virtual cake cutting ceremony
Prudential Bank donates vehicle to reward first runner-up of teacher prize
Seth Kwame Awuku: Parliament -Amending the 1990 ECOWAS supplementary protocol
Playback: Akufo-Addo addresses 76th session of UN General Assembly
Mozzart Bet offers biggest odds in 3 games today
Kohwe was not my brother – George Laing clarifies
Northern Region Police Commander visits victims of brutalities in Tamale
R. Kelly’s legal team brings witnesses who say they never saw abuse by the singer
There’s enough food to feed SHS students – Education Ministry assures parents
Stop doing music if you don’t have money – Mr Logic