Audio By Carbonatix
Ghanaian Senior Journalist and Editor of The Insight newspaper, Kwesi Pratt Jnr has narrated how a Ghanaian man who was travelling out of the country through the Kotoka International Airport (KIA) got his valuables confiscated by airport officials.
He says that officials seized the gold ring and bracelets of the man with the excuse that Ghana was broke and his valuables were going to be used for the ‘Gold-for-Oil’ policy, implemented by President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo’s government.
“A Ghanaian man was travelling out of the country, and when he got to Kotoka International Airport, they seized the gold ring and bangles he was wearing.”
“They (KIA Officials) told him that the country was broke and that it needed gold to go and buy oil,” he narrated.
Kwasi Pratt Jnr shared on Friday, September 15, 2023 on his Facebook that he was informed of the incident by the man’s sister who is an officer of the Ghana Police Service.
“I am telling you, they seized his wedding ring. The guy’s sister was the one who called me to inform me.”
I told her that she was telling lies and she was bringing me the seizure notice. Lo and behold, the documents were brought and truly they had seized the man’s belongings, he recalled in Twi.
He added that a policeman went to speak to the Bureau of National Investigations (BNI) after his advice, and they admitted that the gold ring and bracelets had been seized, but till date they have not been returned them to the owner.
Latest Stories
-
NSMQ 2026: Kpando SHS brush aside Abor, Jukwa to storm One-Eighth stage with 32 point gap
1 hour -
Duncan Amoah: Gov’t should create conditions for 24-hour economy, not build markets
1 hour -
JoyNews-Republic Bank Habitat Fair finale turns homeownership dreams into real possibilities
2 hours -
Bamiri chief commissions KG block, guest house to boost education and revenue
2 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Yaa Asantewaa Girls’ going ‘beck’ to Tanoso after Bishop Herman deals them early exit
3 hours -
Data Protection Commission acquires two vehicles to strengthen data protection enforcement
3 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Holy Child School storms back from two-year NSMQ absence to book One-Eighth ticket
4 hours -
GNFS dismisses reports of unpaid 2025 rent allowance
5 hours -
Gordon Asare-Bediako steps down from NPP Communications Director race, backs Dennis Aboagye
5 hours -
GES dismisses requirement for newly promoted teachers to submit documents for salary adjustments
6 hours -
Meko Bono 2026: Vice President pledges agricultural revival as Atebubu hosts grand homecoming
7 hours -
Russian skydiver Sergey Boytcov sets world record with 11,551-metre stratosphere jump
7 hours -
Ablakwa-led committee submits five reports to Mahama ahead of 2027 AU chairmanship
7 hours -
Africa not seeking Western cash in reparations campaign – Ablakwa
7 hours -
Production decline, reserve depletion threaten Ghana’s upstream sector – Jinapor
7 hours