Deputy General Secretary for the National Democratic Congress (NDC) has expressed his disappointment over some names that have come up in the ranks of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) to replace President Akufo-Addo as the flagbearer in the 2024 general elections.
Speaking on Top Story, Peter Otokunor insisted that, the ongoing campaign by the aspirants in less than three months into the President’s second term in office is bizarre.
“What is happening in the NPP is very scary especially for a government that has been giving another mandate to rule and less than three months into the mandate they don’t have their full complement of minister and appointees and they are thinking about who hold the next elections.
“I think that is most bizarre from the government point of view but looking at the politics of it, I think the NPP have a lot to do and they know exactly what to do but I can foresee as a political strategist a total disaster for the NPP in the next election,” he stressed.
Already, fliers of Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, Trade Minister, Alan Kyeremanten and Minister for Agriculture, Dr Akoto Afriyie have been circulating on social media with many predicting their ability to break the 8-year power swing in Ghana’s political space.
This has raised concern from leaders of the incumbent government calling on its members interested in competing for the 2024 flagbearership position to tone down on their campaign.
However, Mr Otokunor is of the view that the failure of the aspirant to abide by the directives from the leaders of the party will result in a ‘very long hall drama that we are going to see in the NPP.”
- Korle-Bu doctor poisons colleague’s water with HIV blood
- NSMQ 2021: 3-man Sandema SHTS team without supporters, books place in final U/E qualifiers
- Missing ‘okada’ rider found dead in the bush
- EC must review processes leading to 2020 election results collation – Akoto Ampaw
- Keep an eye on househelps to curb sexual abuse – Victim of child defilement advises parents
- #FixTheCountry: Convenors of protest disappointed in Supreme Court over hearing scheduled for June
- 20 arrested in Atewa forest aren’t national security operatives – Oppong Nkrumah
- Prince Misizulu named next Zulu king amid family feud
- Ghana loses $200m to untapped online forex trading market
- Akufo-Addo has not lived up to expectation – Kofi Bentil
Pastor Allen Caiquo releases ‘Finally’ ahead of ‘Priest & King’ EP
#FixTheCountry organisers exhibited ‘bad faith’ during National Security meeting – Godfred Dame
Blaq Jerzee recruits Marioo, Eddy Kenzo on ’Sokoma’ track
13 types of guys who stay single and don’t ever find lasting love
Blunt and Blay: Real reason why the Church won’t allow a Muslim student to fast in a ‘Mission School’
I have no regrets participating in ‘OccupyFlagstaffHouse’ protest – Kofi Bentil
Neymar signs new Paris St-Germain contract
National security cloned #FixTheCountry protester’s mobile phone – Baker-Vormawor alleges
Akufo-Addo has not lived up to expectation – Kofi Bentil
Doubts over venue for Champions League final between Chelsea and Man City as Turkey added to red list
Covid-19: GHS Director of Health Promotion advises against #FixTheCountry demonstration
FanMilk launches NutriDay zinc fortified yoghurt
Software developer volunteers to teach youth programming
Libya: Gunmen storm hotel used as Presidential Council HQ
Covid-19: Roll-out for second doses to begin May 19