Brazilian midfielder Fabio Gama has set sights on winning titles, including the CAF Champions League with Asante Kotoko.
Gama arrived in Ghana on Monday to begin his Kotoko career after agreeing a two-year deal in October.
The 28-year-old started training but has admitted he is not ready to play competitive football, having been out of action for more than five months.
“I will train individually for now because I’m not yet 100% fit. But as soon as I get ready, then I will start training with the first team,” he told Takoradi-based Connect FM.
The central midfielder added his aim is to be a champion, winning the Ghana Premier League, FA Cup as well as the continental trophy, Caf Champions League.
“I’m being frank, I want to be a champion here. I didn’t come here just to play but to be a winner- to win the domestic titles and CAF Champions League with Asante Kotoko.
I can now play 15, 20, 30 minutes for the meantime and hope to be fit to help my teammates have a great season.”
Gama had been without a club since leaving Swedish club Jönköpings Södra IF in March this year.
Kotoko started their Ghana Premier League campaign on a disappointing note, drawing 1-1 with Techiman Eleven Wonders at the Accra Sports stadium.
- Nigerian jailbreakers re-arrested in Ghana after crossing Volta River
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- 12 leading clubs confirm formation and format for breakaway Super League
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
- Second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can be taken 4 weeks after the deadline stated – GHS
500 Covid-19 vaccines expire due to low patronage in some regions
Fire razes over 30 shops at Kumasi Central Market
Afienya, Ashaiman, Katamanso and other areas in Accra to have interrupted supply – Water Company
2 drug traffickers excrete 191 pellets of cocaine, heroin at Nigerian airport
Japan Motors launches New Nissan Sunny in Ghana
Security man in trouble for allegedly defiling 4-year-old girl
NIC commends Allianz Insurance and UBA on bancassurance partnership
WHO data shows taking vaccines 12 weeks after first dose more potent – Dr Kwame Amponsah-Achiano
Landlords who demand over 6 months rent advance from tenants could be jailed – Rent Control
2021 global food policy report: Rebuilding food systems after Covid-19
Dr Theresa Mannah-Blankson and Haruna Alhassan: Ghana’s post-pandemic Eurobond ‘success’
eTranzact secures Enhanced PSP license from BoG
Man remanded for defiling 3-year-old girl
Linda Dor stopover becomes hell for passengers as thieves raid VIP bus
Government interest costs on domestic borrowings fall again; T-Bills target also drops 6.6%