The Greater Accra Regional Minster has cautioned self-acclaimed owners of state lands in the region.
Henry Quartey said the claim and the selling of those lands should be stopped immediately.
According to the Minister, the sale of government land by land guards is unlawful will not be countenanced.
Speaking to the media on Tuesday, September 27, Mr Quartey said persons found selling government lands will be dealt with in accordance with the law.
“I caution those engaged in selling government lands and deploying land guards to desist from it, as the Regional Security Council will deal swiftly with any acts of lawlessness from such groups”, he warned.
He also added that the pulling down of structures at Ramsar sites will soon commence.
“I am being told by some people, I will not be going after [those occupying Ramsar sites].
Tell them, I am coming. Very soon, we will beat the Ramsar sites and if we find that, a church is sitting on a waterway, mark my words, we will pull it down,” he added.
The Regional Minister has vowed to demolish buildings within the core zone of the Ramsar site at Sakumono with plans that, his outfit, will earmark specific buildings for demolition based on a report from experts.
- T-bills, individual bond holders exempted from Domestic Debt Exchange – Ofori-Atta
- We’ll not accept Ofori-Atta’s debt restructuring – Minority
- Bright Simons: Ghana begins its dance with creditors
- Debt Exchange Programme is key requirement for IMF deal – Ofori-Atta
- Playback: Ofori-Atta launches Domestic Debt Exchange amid financial crisis
- Proposed debt exchange programme will bring some confidence into economy – Dr. Addison
- There was no approach from Ghana to play for Black Stars – Danny Welbeck
- Increment in VAT is inappropriate at this time – Ghana Chamber of Commerce CEO
- How individual mistakes cost Black Stars a round of 16 World Cup slot
- Residents of Agbeve unhappy with dredging activities on Volta River by foreign vessel
- Labour unions kick against any ‘haircut’ on pension funds of workers
- Parliament does not have the guts to sack any Minister – ACEPA’s Rasheed Draman
- IHME Scientists advocate for research funding to combat bacterial pathogens deaths in Ghana
- Winner of Joy FM Family Pop Quiz Mini-Series jets off to Singapore
- Dr Nyaho Nyaho-Tamakloe: Whither Ghana’s Parliament
- Renowned conservationist worries over Shai Hills baboon killings by speeding drivers
- We will not support 2.5 % increase in VAT rate – Minority
- Resolve infrastructure deficit in education sector – SEND Ghana urges government
- Christmas starts early at Labadi Beach Hotel
- Prof. Kwesi Yankah: The curse of penalties: Dede Ayew
- 2022 World Cup: Players gave their all – Otto Addo on Black Stars exit
- We expect to reach a Staff-Level Agreement with IMF soon
- Young girls exchanging sex for sanitary pad – Eco-Me Africa
- Playback: NDC outlines modalities ahead of 10th National Delegates Congress
- SEND Ghana requests government to clarify intended increase in LEAP