Audio By Carbonatix
The Ministry of the Interior has announced the renewal of the curfew imposed on the Bawku Municipality, effective Monday, December 15.
The curfew will run from 8:00 pm to 5:00 am, as part of ongoing efforts to maintain peace and security in the area.
Authorities have urged chiefs, elders, opinion leaders, youth, and residents to exercise restraint and channel their energies through non-violent means to ensure stability.
The complete ban placed on the carrying of arms, ammunition, or any offensive weapons within Bawku and its environs remains in force, with violators subject to arrest and prosecution.
The extension comes ahead of the expected submission of a mediation report by the Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, to President John Dramani Mahama on Tuesday, December 16.
The report follows his appointment earlier in 2025 to mediate the long-standing chieftaincy dispute in the municipality.
The mediation process began in April 2025, with separate engagements between the Asantehene and representatives of the conflicting factions.
Despite a brief suspension, discussions resumed in May and have contributed to a period of relative calm in the conflict-prone area.
The upcoming report is anticipated to outline key findings, progress achieved, and recommendations to guide the government’s next steps toward sustainable peace and stability in Bawku.
Authorities hope the combination of continued dialogue and security measures will reinforce efforts to prevent further escalation.
Latest Stories
-
AyaSol initiative launched to support youth-led solar businesses in Ghana
8 minutes -
Photos: e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soirée on AI-driven cyber threats
22 minutes -
World Corporate Golf Challenge Ghana officially launches 2026 season
23 minutes -
Prof Gyampo Writes: Democracy, free speech and the survival of the Ghanaian polity
39 minutes -
e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soiree on AI-era leadership and cyber threats
44 minutes -
Mahama rejects ‘kenkey and waakye party’ celebration after IMF exit, says economy still work in progress
50 minutes -
David Hundeyin to release documentary on Tanzania election violence coverage
2 hours -
Photos: President Mahama cuts sod for 24-hour economy market in Bole
2 hours -
Ghana-eligible midfielder Kofi Amoako joins Hamburg from Dynamo Dresden
2 hours -
Mahama commissions Yamoransa Model Lab 13 to advance STEM and digital skills training
3 hours -
Youth Ministry says nearly 90,000 young people are employed under government programmes
4 hours -
Adaklu Mountain now a security zone – Volta Regional Minister
4 hours -
Volta Regional Minister assures PAC of stricter supervision of government projects
4 hours -
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
5 hours -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
5 hours