Reigning champion, Chelsea Football Club, says it is pained by their exit from the UEFA Champions League.
According to the Blues, this is because they gave out their best – an action they are proud of, but in the end, they were sent packing.
Real Madrid knocked out the reigning champion on Tuesday at the Bernabeu Stadium in Madrid.
Benzema, who was unmarked after an earlier headed against the bar, broke Chelsea’s hearts after Rudiger slipped inside the box.
Central midfielder Mason Mount has also attested to the fact that the team was resilient and showed their might.
Centre-back Antonio Rüdiger also said Chelsea put up an incredible fight; therefore, he is proud of the team’s mentality.
In a tweet, Chelsea FC pledged to put in the extra work and come back stronger to be crowned winners of the Champions League once again.
While mourning their loss, Chelsea expressed gratitude to the millions of individuals across the globe who supported them yesternight.
After the loss, Chelsea fans who took to social media commended the players and the technical team for a good job done.
Though saddened by their exit, they noted that Chelsea put up a great show that deserves commendation.
MP for North Tongu, Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa, said, “the defending champions bow out with pride and respect.”
- Bawumia, NPP and NDC bigwigs mourn with Jospong CEO
- Akufo-Addo’s travels have benefits, what about yours? – Presidency to Ablakwa
- IMANI Africa lists 10 challenges with National Cathedral
- Akufo-Addo’s Minister caught in conflict? – JoyNews investigations
- Ablakwa seeking to achieve prominence with negative attacks on Akufo-Addo – Presidency
- MTN FA Cup 2022: Hearts of Oak beat Bechem United to retain title
- Tiler gets 7 years for defilement; claims victim forced him to have sex with her
- Man found dead on a farm after going missing
- Presidential travels: We’re reaping the rewards of bitter seeds – Presidency on Ablakwa’s allegations
- Current government is tolerant – Asabee
Court to rule on time and location of Arise Ghana demonstration today
Samini, Wande Coal set to thrill patrons at DMV Party in the Park
Atwima Mponua Rural Bank increases profit margins by 100% in 4 years
DVLA defends position as best procurement institution in public sector
G7 summit: Leaders detail $600bn plan to rival China’s Belt and Road initiative￼
Cape Coast – Twifo Praso road to be closed today for repair works on Junkwa bridge
Intravenous Infusions announces increase in revenue of 9.6% for 2021 financial year
Interest payments to rise further as cost of borrowing increases
Today’s front pages: Monday, June 27, 2022
Government assesses impact of economic interventions from June 27
Akufo-Addo’s Minister caught in conflict? – JoyNews investigations
Current government is tolerant – Asabee
NPP Chairmanship race: I stand tall above the rest – Asabee
NPP Flagbearership race: I have not declared support for Bawumia – Asabee
Tiler gets 7 years for defilement; claims victim forced him to have sex with her