Outgoing MP for the Tamale Central Constituency says the National Democratic Congress (NDC) has no intention of forming a parallel government in the country.
This comes after Inusah Fuseini’s earlier suggestion to NDC’s Presidential Candidate John Dramani Mahama, to declare himself president and form a parallel government following the EC’s declaration of President Akufo-Addo as the newly elected president of the Republic.
However, he recently said the party is ready to contest the results of the 2020 December 7 poll through only legitimate means.
“First of all let’s all understand that the view is not original. No one says the NDC is going to form a parallel government,” he said.
Speaking on JoyPrime’s Prime Morning Show, Monday, Mr Fuseini clarified that the comment was a mere opinion borrowed from a book he read and not the general representation of the NDC as a party.
“I’m sort of shocked at the reaction of people. The idea is not new,” he said.
“It was recorded in Akenten Appiah-Menka’s book, ‘The River in the Sea,’ which was published in 2010 [and recounted] events from 1992 when the NPP lost and Adu Boahen contemplated declaring himself president and forming a parallel government.
“It was a view expressed then, and that’s a view I’m expressing now,” he added.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- BoG dollar auction: Demand outstrips supply by $72.2m as $1 hits ¢10.92
- Social media users impressed with Black Sherif’s ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Government using IMF as smokescreen to force its ‘austerity budget’ on Ghanaians – Martin Amidu
- ‘Forget about votes; call Chairman Wontumi to account’ – Martin Kpebu to Akufo-Addo
- Court orders CID Boss to provide safety report on alleged bride killers
- There is too much uncertainty in the business environment – Twum Akwaboah
- Deputy Energy Minister, Amin Adam, appointed Board Chairman of New Producers Group
- Increasing monetary policy rate will not reduce inflation – Badu Aboagye
- Austerity is bad for economic growth – Prof. Charles Ackah
- The Central Bank’s policy a measure in the wrong direction – Prof. Charles Ackah
- Akosua Agyapong eulogises mom
- ‘Horrible and terrible’ – German Ambassador on illegal mining
- My vehicle was set ablaze on Samatex premises – Wontumi alleges
- FDA concurs with WHO’s caution against four substandard paediatric medicines found in The Gambia
- Livestream: PM Express business edition discusses impact of policy rate on businesses
- Gertrude Agyemang: Customer Service Week and the ECG prepaid meter challenge
- NDC has no evidence to prove my involvement in ‘galamsey’ – Ellembelle DCE
- KNUST students develop cost-effective instrument to measure temperature and light energy from the sun
- MP has been a challenge in fight against ‘galamsey’ in my district – Ellembelle DCE